+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default CS & how long after til bleeding stops

Just wondering when the bleeding is supposed to stop after an elective CS. I had DS 4 weeks ago & still bleeding.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, I was hoping it would of stopped by now. I always thought cause it was a CS they would of "cleaned" most of it out at the time of the proceedure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had bleeding for 5 weeks, then it started up again. Found out there was. Some retained products (hence why I bled for 5 weeks) which past during the 5 weeks, but it had created an infection, so I needed antibiotics.

If you are concerned about the bleeding in any way please go checked by your OB/GYNE or GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Cleaned yes but not forced healing. Infact I have heard sometimes it is worse because they pull the placenta away from the uterus wall instead of it being expelled naturally. Some OBGYNs add a drain for extra bleeding (which I have had and would never wish on anyone and research doesn't support)
    My bleeding after an emergency CS went for several weeks - about 7-8 from memory. I wasn't well informed on this and it surprised me afterwards that it was such a long process.

I'm with you on the drain situation missie. Having that thing removed was an experience I wouldn't ever want to repeat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I didn't stop bleeding After mine until around 6 weeks. The last week or 2 was mainly spotting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped bleeding at 5 weeks, but then got my period at 5.5 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

I had none what so ever.... Lucky I guess! It wasn't until the middy said "how is your loss." I was like "what are you talking about, loss of what?" and she said "umm your bleeding?" I felt so stupid! So just said it was fine....! Also didn't get AF back until I finished BF at 10 months. I guess I'm just not a bleeder (which is a good sign for my PP this time around!) I hope it eases up for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    8 weeks for me....for all three bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews

I bled for almost 4 months. That is by no means normal though. I was pretty darn sick of it by the end.
    Also agree about the drain. Getting that thing out was horrific!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It depends how well they get the placenta out. With DD I had retained membranes and bled for 10 weeks With DS my ob did a great job getting all the placenta and I bled red for maybe 5 days then pink for 2 weeks.