+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: 20mth old wont keep nappy and clothes on at night...

I've taped nappies shut. Jasper was doing it during the day because he liked the sound of the rip-tabs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Could it maybe be asthma its an early symptom of asthma that kids take their pjs off and kick all the blankets off. They feel a pressure in their chest and try and get rid of it by removing anything that is putting pressure on them. Eg. Blankets clothes. Might be worth getting checked for that if its happening every day no matter what u do. Might just be a phase they are going through but just giving a medical reason for it as well.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

^^^ actually yeah this too. I remember my mum also layering me up if my asthma was bad to keep my chest warm feeling like she was suffocating me. If I'd had my way I'd have been topless and no blankets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    interesting - i've never ever heard that before.

no other suggestions - everything i'd thought of has already been mentioned.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20mth old wont keep nappy and clothes on at night...

My little ones were diagnosed with asthma this year, very interesting! Have never heard of that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have been warned she may develop asthma as she is an eczema sufferer (we have the eczema under control atm - that's not why she's undressing). Very interesting - and scary :/ So is too much clothing likley to irritate the asthma?
    I am going to try the duct tape idea. I do think she likes the sound of the tabs. Except im using sticky tape lol sounds less ummmm severe lol
    Thanks everyone. Great advice.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was trying to find a reference to the asthma thing but can't find it. Will post if I do. I was told it in an asthma seminar that was done by the childrens hospital so presume its reliable info. It does make sense though. Hope you find a solution though

In terms of clothing I don't think it would matter how many layers they have on. It's not the clothes that irritate it. Them removing them is how they try and deal with the problem. It's just that they don't understand why they are having trouble breathing but know they are so remove clothes to try and make it easier to breathe.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    Last edited by Gemma121; 07-11-2012 at 17:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 20mth old wont keep nappy and clothes on at night...

Sleepsuit with a safety pin on the inside of the zipper perhaps

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah it's better to keep asthma suffers comfortable body temp.

But panic or anxiety is bad combo with asthma so it's better to warm the room and let them strip than try to put/keep clothes and layers on them.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd try putting clothes on backwards .. even the nappy on backwards first (if you hvaen't already) it can certainly slow them down ..

and no harm taping a nappy shut .. its only illegal if you use duct tape to restrain a child ... lol - its not illegal to limit their ability to spread poo/ wee ..