+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default There goes some of that ice cream! - Week 2, Day 7 - Blog 26

So when I started today's workout my goal was to beat my calorie burn from Exhilarate the other day of 573 calories. I wasn't sure if I was going to manage it but I really gave everything I had and worked up quite a sweat to the tune of 639 calories burnt! That's an extra 66 calories burnt and well...it goes part of the way towards making up for the ice cream lol!

As of right now, according to my Bodybugg, so far today I've burnt 2,693 calories. My daily calorie burn goal is 2,500 with my calorie intake goal being 1,500 meaning a daily calorie deficit of 1,000 which translates to pretty much a 1kg loss per week. I'm averaging around a 1,500 calorie deficit each day thanks to the Zumba workouts which seriously bump up the number of calories I burn every day!

I'm trying not to get too caught up in the numbers, though, it's just something I find interesting for tracking where I'm at. I've admitted before that I'm a daily weigher and so far on the scales, I've still been paying the price for the weekend's meals. I didn't think I ate that badly but my body's probably also caught up to what I'm trying to do and is a bit in shock about it. Oh well, keep on keeping on and as I've told the other girls a million times, the number on the scales means nothing, it's the tape measure that is your true test!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow what else are you doing to burn that much? I am very impressed

Thanks
    Reviews

Default There goes some of that ice cream! - Week 2, Day 7 - Blog 26

I haven't been tracking my calorie burn during this challenge but hen I used to go to classes at the gym, before DS was born, I would burn about 700calories in an hour. Wednesdays I would do 8.30am RPM session worth 600 calories, followed by 9.30am Zumba for 700 calories. 1300 cal done and dusted, plus whatever extra I burned post-workout. The difference between RPM and Zumba, RPM 15min shorter but hard work and Zumba loads of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    You'd be surprised how much you burn as your BMR, Jenny. If I'm being really slack and doing nothing, I generally burn 1.5 calories per minute which means I'd burn 2160 doing absolutely nothing in a day but going about my business. Adding in the Zumba is giving me an extra 1,000 calories burnt per day.

That's awesome, purple! Bear in mind, that if you're using a heart rate monitor to calculate your calorie burn they tend to exaggerate it a little bit. I always "burn more" when I'm wearing a heart rate monitor than when I'm wearing my Bodybugg because it doesn't use as exact calculations. That's just my opinion of course and from anecdotal evidence I've seen from other people who have done HRM v. Bodybugg tests. When in doubt, always estimate your calorie burn to be lower and your calorie intake to be higher than you think it is. I know that I'm eating more than 1,500 calories from things like adding butter to my bread or mint jelly to my dinner but I want this change to be sutainable and I'm not about to give those things up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-11-2012)