+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    thanks lil smurfy, I guess I'll test when AF is due anyway.. I need to vent as I'm VERY upset with my experience at the hair dressers today (this is long lol)

I went to a new salon today, I got a lovely girl named Michelle.. she was very bubbly and nice but I could tell from the second I sat down she was already deciding what SHE wanted to do with my hair. I wanted an all over brown with a trim.. I told her this and she didn't even give me a preview of what colour I was getting. off she went to make it up.
    this alone p*ssed me off but wait..

she started putting the dye on and she got to my ear where I have newly double pierced helix (top of ear) which is extremely sore so I said, 'would you mind watching those piercings? they're very sore' and she said 'sure' now I understand that the piercings are my responsibility, I chose to get them whatever, but she did NOT watch them. she pulled them, knocked them, hit them and everything else possible, when my hair was tangled in them from her being so rough she just pulled my hair out of them taking no care what so ever and by this stage I was almost in tears. she didn't acknowledge that I was pulling away from her everytime she hit them.

anyway, I went over to the basin to wrinse the colour out some time later and my god!!!! I have never felt so much pain, she was so rough she actually RIPPED one of the piercings out. I have NEVER felt so much pain, my ear started pouring out blood and she was like 'oh gosh! I'm so sorry' and I replied sitting there in tears as my whole ear was throbbing 'ouuuuuuchhhh, that's okay ha'
    (I'm too darn nice!!!)

I took the other piercing out as it was pouring out blood too as she went to get the scissors to cut my hair.. which was still wet. I thought they don't do that anymore?! she cut it, without asking what I wanted while I sat there in tears. dried it and quickly straightened it without any care whatsoever. I checked the time and it was 6:05PM, the salon shuts at 6PM she was obviously wanting to leave.. the color was way darker than I even wanted and the cut was nothing like I wanted and she didn't even show me the back or anything.

I went to the counter still in tears (I'm not sure why I was still crying, I had a little breakdown lol) and she smiled and said $140. like are you for real, you ripped my ear apart and did nothing I wanted!!

I paid, went to walk out the door and she said 'sorry about your ear!! see you next time '

I shut the door after DP was out and said 'you most definetly will not see me again'. DP got a good giggle out of my response as he was the one holding my hand when I was crying.. lol!!

I got in the car and went to say how bad it was still hurting and burst into tears again.. my god what is wrong with me?? but it did hurt!
    I would go back and ask for my money back - I've done it before (with my mum to back me up lol - she's not as tolerant as me! I was too upset to say anything)... and my experience was nowhere near as bad as yours. In my case, she had just not done what I asked for (tight perm instead of body wave - this was several years ago!) & she couldn't fix it due to the risk of severe damage to my hair. In your case, she not only didn't give you what you asked for, but also injured you! I always take my earrings out before I go to the hairdresser to get my hair dyed, but that's just so the dye doesn't stain them. You should expect reasonable care to be taken - especially when you are paying good money for the service!!! If they won't give your money back you could threaten to report them to fair trading &/or report the girl to the police &/or tell all of your friends never to go there (via facebook/twitter etc...) lol - I think I'm more mad than you

edit: I just read that you're friends with the manager... in that case, I'd tell him what happened - he'd want to know if a staff member is potentially driving customers away!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by Funchu; 12-12-2012 at 08:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

I have messaged the manager, yet to hear back. and have named and shamed her on FB already lol. it didn't help that I was very emotional yesterday but my ear is still throbbing. such a terrible experience.

DP asked when I needed to go back (as she only wanted to put a Semi on, so I obviously had to go back.. of course) and I looked at him in shock and said 'you think I ever want to go back to a hair dresser? im traumatised! I'd rather be bald for the rest of my life' he thinks my reactions are very funny when he asks about it. lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    Ouch that story is horrific!! I would not have paid the $140 n that's for sure!!

AFM-ughhhh woke up with the dreaded feeling of AF, I'm 99% sure she's coming today-a day early

I got a FRER n tested-not a second line in sight so my patience didn't pay off at all. I'm not sure what to do-I have just been told I'm goin to America for work in May next year n I dunno whether I can handle being preg overseas for a month without DP but I don't wanna let these cycles go to waste but then i think its clear I can't get preg so easy so I wouldn't be wasting anything n maybe I should go back on BC to save my sanity n my self worth!

Good luck to all those yet to test

OH no Chillies! I was thinking of you all morning wondering if you tested again this morning. Its not over till AF shows!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that this is your month!!

Regarding working OS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont let a 'WHAT IF' delay something you have been wanting for so long. You have every right to be a little bit selfish right now and for your families future you do not need to put your life on hold for work. I always wonder in 10+ yrs time will I look back and love my life for the work i have done and status of my career OR for the memories i have created with family and friends and living in the moment. I understand work brings ppl different levels of fullfilment and joy.. i just find that all my treasured memories are from simple moments with friends and family and the life we have created at home. I work 9-5 to pay my bills only, i love my job and enjoy it.. but i love my family more.

Obviously everyone is in a different situation and i dont begin to claim to understand your life and its intricacies. I just plead with you to seriously consider making your choices based on your life and happiness now not what may or may not happen in the future.

If you do find out you ar UTD would it be possible for DH to come with you. OR could a colleague go in place of you? OR you may be UTD and have a great experience with it and not even feel like you would need DH there all the time. Its so hard to know what will be happening when TTC is such a random little lottery every month.. let alone planning ahead to may 2013.

I hope you are able to make a choice that you are happy with long term and feel is the best for you and your family. xxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Just One Wish  (13-12-2012),nirok  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell83 View Post
    OMG OMG I can't believe it. Yay!!!

HOORAYY!!!! CONGRATS! What a gorgeous BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews

tinker- YAYYY!! so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    OH no Chillies! I was thinking of you all morning wondering if you tested again this morning. Its not over till AF shows!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that this is your month!!

Regarding working OS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont let a 'WHAT IF' delay something you have been wanting for so long. You have every right to be a little bit selfish right now and for your families future you do not need to put your life on hold for work. I always wonder in 10+ yrs time will I look back and love my life for the work i have done and status of my career OR for the memories i have created with family and friends and living in the moment. I understand work brings ppl different levels of fullfilment and joy.. i just find that all my treasured memories are from simple moments with friends and family and the life we have created at home. I work 9-5 to pay my bills only, i love my job and enjoy it.. but i love my family more.

Obviously everyone is in a different situation and i dont begin to claim to understand your life and its intricacies. I just plead with you to seriously consider making your choices based on your life and happiness now not what may or may not happen in the future.

If you do find out you ar UTD would it be possible for DH to come with you. OR could a colleague go in place of you? OR you may be UTD and have a great experience with it and not even feel like you would need DH there all the time. Its so hard to know what will be happening when TTC is such a random little lottery every month.. let alone planning ahead to may 2013.

I hope you are able to make a choice that you are happy with long term and feel is the best for you and your family. xxx
    Thank u so much MWL! I loved reading this so much, really spoke to me. If I was UTD-it wouldn't make a difference as I'm goin over to study n a few site visits so nothing strenuous. I just think what if I start to bleed n I have noone??
    N I do love my work but it doesn't define who I am-its just good I get paid to do something I love to help pay bills
    The disappointment does not get any easier though-especially after it took me 2 cycle after several years on various BC to get preg only to lose it 10 weeks later-it's heart breaking n I cannot imagine the anguish for the many other women who have been trying longer then me.
    Sorry, I'm in melt down mode but to reel myself back in-I will continue to try n try again til I get there.
    Again, thank u so much for ur post! Means so much x

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats Tinkerbell!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KerriO View Post
    Just a quick update I am oput this month af arrived this morning so i am cd1 and looking to Jan and the new yr for great news
    Sorry to hear Kerri, will join u in the new thread shortly n good luck x

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats!!

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    have just been told I'm goin to America for work in May next year n I dunno whether I can handle being preg overseas for a month without DP but I don't wanna let these cycles go to waste but then i think its clear I can't get preg so easy so I wouldn't be wasting anything n maybe I should go back on BC to save my sanity n my self worth!
    Don't let one month out of 9 deter you!! When I was pg with DD I had to spend a month away from him living with my in-laws, by myself!! (DH was selling his business and I got a job faster than I thought I would). It was month three so DH missed out on most of the MS & the frequent nightly trips to the toilet. Honestly, the worst part was I was like a sex-crazed teenager from all the hormones and I had no outlet!!!! Moral of the story: I totally agree with MWL, don't let it stop you. And besides, the US isn't such a scary place to be pg. I hope AF doesn't show. Good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-12-2012)