+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephlouise View Post
    I am new to all this TTC stuff and was reading the eating during pregnancy guides on BH the other day. I was suprised how many things you need to avoid! Sandwich meat, premade salads etc.

Wondering - do you ladies avoid this stuff while TTC or should I wait till i (fingers crossed) get a BFP? I want to do the right thing - but maybe its a bit over the top?
    Stephlouise - Try not to pay too much attention to all the things you "should" avoid. Those lists are crazy and you definitely do not need to do any of that prior to conception. Even after you are pregnant the only thing you need to do is apply a little bit of common sense to your diet and make sure that what you avoid food poisoning. You can still eat ham, cheeses, runny eggs, sushi all that stuff - just make sure you make it yourself or that you trust how it was prepared and are sure its fresh.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

Stephlouise  (26-11-2012)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Stephlouise - Try not to pay too much attention to all the things you "should" avoid. Those lists are crazy and you definitely do not need to do any of that prior to conception. Even after you are pregnant the only thing you need to do is apply a little bit of common sense to your diet and make sure that what you avoid food poisoning. You can still eat ham, cheeses, runny eggs, sushi all that stuff - just make sure you make it yourself or that you trust how it was prepared and are sure its fresh.
    I totally agree. There wasn't anything I didn't eat when I was pregnant the first time but there were things I had in moderation. They recall fruits and veggies for bacterial contamination all the time and those foods aren't banned during pregnancy. Just some common sense is all you need.

It's almost December. Fx the TWW goes quickly for you ladies testing the first few days of the month!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

bub4bob  (25-11-2012),Stephlouise  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 6 dpo and was having some crampy bloated feelings yesterday, now today my tummy isn't very well (won't go into tmi!). Had a small dip in temp this morning, but I'm not reading too much into it.

As much as I want this tww to be over, I really don't want to rush this next week - waaaay too much packing to do to be ready to move in a couple of weeks time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I'm 6 dpo and was having some crampy bloated feelings yesterday, now today my tummy isn't very well (won't go into tmi!). Had a small dip in temp this morning, but I'm not reading too much into it.

As much as I want this tww to be over, I really don't want to rush this next week - waaaay too much packing to do to be ready to move in a couple of weeks time
    I'm the same! 6dpo, feeling bloated and crampy as though af is about to knock on my door. Also feeling unwell in my tummy too. Not reading in to it too much though, I'm trying to just be patient and think what will be will be. I just find it strange that I have this feeling like AF is coming, I hope she's not going to show up a week early!

I think the list is up to date now, please just let me know if I missed anyone!

What a week I've had! My Mum who was recovering from pancreatic cancer surgery and treatment has now been told it's spread to the liver They are trying a more aggressive treatment starting tomorrow but they've told us it's terminal, they are just going to try and make her comfortable and prolong her life with the treatment. I'm very close to my Mum so it's quite hard for me to absorb. I've sort of been on another planet this week. Then on Friday my sister who lives in Adelaide walked out on her hubby and they've decided to get a divorce My whole family is shocked and really upset by the way it happened, she met someone else and had been seeing him behind her hubby's back They have two kids and the poor kids are so confused. Sorry to blurt that all out, just had to vent. The weekends been busy, DH's Birthday is Tuesday so we had family over today. It was a nice day but you could feel the sadness in the air.

Ok, enough of my sad rambling. Best of luck to everyone o'ing this week, I hope you catch the eggy! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to hear that Princess.
    All of that happening at once, I can not imagine how hard that must be.
    I don't really know what to say, its just so sad so sending big cyper hugs your way

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Im so sorry to hear that Princess.
    All of that happening at once, I can not imagine how hard that must be.
    I don't really know what to say, its just so sad so sending big cyper hugs your way
    Thanks very much MrsLA, I appreciate it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Princess that would be very hard to deal with, so much going on - I agree with MrsLA lots of cyber hugs for you! !!!!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelsie For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Princessleah and Arlais I'm 7DPO and feeling bloated and a bit crampy yesterday and today and I had an upset stomach on Friday night so hopefully it's hormonal and we're all UTD!

Princessleah I hope you get good news this week to share with your family

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (26-11-2012)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

So sorry to hear Princess!! Hopefully you get your BFP to add some happiness back into the family.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Princessleah - I am so sorry to hear about your mum, how awful

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post: