+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1264
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

I'm not a big drinker, but I wouldn't do it. It would make me feel guilty, but I'm overly cautious.

Having said that, apparently that early on, you and bub aren't sharing a blood supply, so it shouldn't affect them.

Given you are only 7 dpo, you should have held off testing til tomorrow, and then you wouldn't need to think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks hun
    I have zero self control when it comes to POAS! Lol. I think i'll do another test in morning though and see what happens. If the line is any darker or there I will be sober Sally for the day.

You're right, I'd feel too guilty.
    Just talking to DP about it and he says ill just be thinking about it all day anyway which is true.

Bring on a day of hanging out with hundreds of drunk people whilst being sober hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surprisedmum2be View Post
    Thanks hun
    I have zero self control when it comes to POAS! Lol. I think i'll do another test in morning though and see what happens. If the line is any darker or there I will be sober Sally for the day.

You're right, I'd feel too guilty.
    Just talking to DP about it and he says ill just be thinking about it all day anyway which is true.

Bring on a day of hanging out with hundreds of drunk people whilst being sober hehe.
    Lil Smurfy is right; at this very early stage of pregnancy you do not yet share a blood supply with a potential embryo, so the general feeling amongst doctors is not to fret too much about a few drinks before the 4-5 week mark. There is disagreement amongst the medical profession about "safe drinking" later in pregnancy. In the USA one study concluded that less than 14 standard drinks a week resulted in no increased abnormalities. (I would never recommend this level of drinking to my patients!). In Australia, we generally advocate abstinence, but I personally had the occasional glass of wine in my last trimester.
    However, given you are only 7-8DPO, and don't yet share a circulation with a potential embryo, my opinion is that a few (or more) drinks will do no harm at this very early stage.
    But, as Lil Smurfy said...do what makes you feel comfortable.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks so much. You ladies really are worth your weight in gold!
    I really really hope this is our month. What a great New Years gift!

I think I had half a standard drink in my last trimester with DD hehe when we got engaged and DP popped a bottle of bubbly. However, at 4 weeks I was out at a function and had a lot of wine without knowing I was pregnant. I guess it happens a lot! I know so many people who weren't TTC and so they drank very early on.
    I'm sure a few won't hurt if I am only 3-4 weeks! Enjoy your new year ladies. X

Thanks
    Reviews

PS - this is my 7dpo test. So you know what I'm talking about! Very squinty, very very faint
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

I'm on my phone so unsure if I think i see something or not, but fx I really hope this is it for you suprised!

I wouldnt recommend it, but my bestie in high school didn't know she was pregnant... Had a party at her place, binge drinking...whatever she could get her hands on, and had a few cones....

A few weks later she realised why she was down the back throwing her guts up shortly after said party, feeling worse than she had ever felt before (and why it fizzed out from then on lol)

She was about 6/7 weeks at the party.... Her ds was born fine and healthy... He has just turned 10!!

Definately not advocating binge drinking our drug use while pregnant, but just highlighting how many women don't know and what they can or did do without realising..... Then luckily somehow go on to have healthy babies....

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I'm on my phone so unsure if I think i see something or not, but fx I really hope this is it for you suprised!

I wouldnt recommend it, but my bestie in high school didn't know she was pregnant... Had a party at her place, binge drinking...whatever she could get her hands on, and had a few cones....

A few weks later she realised why she was down the back throwing her guts up shortly after said party, feeling worse than she had ever felt before (and why it fizzed out from then on lol)

She was about 6/7 weeks at the party.... Her ds was born fine and healthy... He has just turned 10!!

Definately not advocating binge drinking our drug use while pregnant, but just highlighting how many women don't know and what they can or did do without realising..... Then luckily somehow go on to have healthy babies....
    Thanks hun. Me too! I really hope so.
    I'm not surprised if u don't see it lol it's very faint but it's not a stark white which is a good sign. Although as you'd know, after having a chem I know not to get hopes up when seeing an early and faint second line
    I did say I wouldn't test until AF is due but given that I had an alcohol day planned tomorrow (not heaps, just a few!) I thought I would just test to make sure

Thanks
    Reviews

Arlais, MrsLA, Sevven, SnowWhite12, GDYB03, Mum2Lil13...
    How did you go testing ? Fx it's all BFPs for you.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Well AF due today and no sign of her yet - and I ALWAYS get warnings when she is on her way. And my temp is higher again... So it's a waiting game. Still BFN though...

Has anyone ever received BFN on HPT's but got BFP from bloods? I have bloods tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GDYB03 View Post
    Well AF due today and no sign of her yet - and I ALWAYS get warnings when she is on her way. And my temp is higher again... So it's a waiting game. Still BFN though...

Has anyone ever received BFN on HPT's but got BFP from bloods? I have bloods tomorrow...
    Definitely. I have had many friends who didn't get BFP until 6 weeks +. Good luck xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to surprisedmum2be For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (01-01-2013)