+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1264
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

Sorry to hear mwl! Sounding more positive though when u look into how it works
    Good luck with your blood tests today fx for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck with your bloods MWL! That's a long time to wait for results though, I had bloods done this morning and I'm getting my results back this afternoon, seems so cruel to make you wait that long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Madewithlove - how many dpo are you? The faint lines on your other tests are very faint - so there is a possibility that you are pregnant but your HCG is low as its too early. The tests you were using are far mor sensitive than the clearblue digi. You would need a stronger positive on the other more sensitive brands before you can expect to see "pregnant" show up. Do you have any other tests?
    I agree with Mumsical...ClearBlue Digitals require much higher bhCG levels than FRERs and other very sensitive early HPTs. FRERs are more sensitive than 25mIU, but they wont publish their sensitivity for commercial reasons. At 13DPO I wouldn't even bother with a CB Digital.
    Not trying to give you false hope. I am still a big fan of the FRERs...I actually could not see any positive 2nd lines on the "supposedly false positives" on this thread. I have tricked my brain many times into seeing an imaginary 2nd line on a FRER...it's easy enough to do. But with even a faint line on a FRER, if it's there you don't need to look hard.
    I hope all goes well for you,
    J xx.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I agree with Mumsical...ClearBlue Digitals require much higher bhCG levels than FRERs and other very sensitive early HPTs. FRERs are more sensitive than 25mIU, but they wont publish their sensitivity for commercial reasons. At 13DPO I wouldn't even bother with a CB Digital.
    Not trying to give you false hope. I am still a big fan of the FRERs...I actually could not see any positive 2nd lines on the "supposedly false positives" on this thread. I have tricked my brain many times into seeing an imaginary 2nd line on a FRER...it's easy enough to do. But with even a faint line on a FRER, if it's there you don't need to look hard.
    I hope all goes well for you,
    J xx.
    My hcg was only 16 when my digital picked my pregnancy up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post

How strange! It's not supposed to pick up under 25 but I guess it can happen.
    My digi didn't pick up until my HCG was around 50

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got a pregnant 1-2 at 10dpo... and a pregnant 2-3 at 12 dpo (xmas day, DH got it wrapped up as a pressie lol) on the ClearBlue digis and I *know* my dates. Plus I had bloods done and had a blood HcG level of 250 2 days later (14dpo) and 550 2 days after that (16dpo) indicating a probable level of around 100 and something on the day it came up 2-3... (my doubling time is currently 42h). I didn't use one before that so no idea whether it would have picked it up earlier, but I suspect so.

Each test and each person is different. There have been anecdotal figures indicating that the CB digis can be more sensitive than the stated values, just as FRER can be, but aren't always. My last succesful pregnancy, my digi was the first to give a clear unequivocal result - I personally have found them to be just as sensitive as FRER and use them to back up a faint FRER positive to make sure I'm not just having line eyes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I got a positive on a clear blue digital on the day AF was due, 13 dpo. I tested with a FRER the day before and got an obvious positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    Out of interest, when was the blood test taken in relation to the +ve CB Digital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my last MC in June, I had bloods at 13DPO which yielded a bhCG of 16. I had a very strong positive on a FRER at this time. My CB Digital was negative. Yes, bhCG levels vary enormously between women in early pregnancy, but the tests themselves have to be standardised to meet Australian quality control regulations.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm after some advice - please no judgmental comments

If you had a NYD planned and paid for, babysitter organized etc etc (new dress and co lol!) and you got a faint faint squinty eyed hold up to the light second line on a hpt at 7dpo, would you go out the next day and drink alcohol??

I know that "better safe than sorry" etc and maybe I just need to be told that again to put my mind into perspective. But after 14 months TTC number 2, 2 chem pregnancies recently... I am so over putting my life on hold and not letting loose because of TTC

X