+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 127 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1264
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

I think a lot of people tend to go well overboard with all the dietary restrictions during pregnancy, as you said Mumsical, mostly it's just about using common sense.

One of my mother's cravings when she was pregnant with me was pate - she ate lots of the stuff and there's nothing wrong with my brain - first person in my family to be university educated thank you

I'm not advocating a free for all, and I definitely had a lot less alcohol yesterday than usual as I've still got a week to go before testing, but I also don't think you should live in fear throughout your whole pregnancy that you're going to harm your baby by eating or drinking something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I think a lot of people tend to go well overboard with all the dietary restrictions during pregnancy, as you said Mumsical, mostly it's just about using common sense.
    I agree about the common sense. I didn't drink, or eat soft cheeses, but I ate pre packed salad from a take away joint I knew had high hygiene and food safety practices and high stock turnover. I ate deli meats (but toasted them in sandwich press) left overs at home, and soft serves from maccas.
    an example, my niece and I were pregnant at the same time, due 2 months apart. Her mum was always moaning to her "you can't eat that, or that...that, that" she lived on hit chips and gravy, maccas and fish n chips... But she wasn't allowed to eat a salad, I prepared fresh infront of them 90mins earlier.....And that was ok!? Lol really?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is irish and drank a glass of guiness whilst she was pregnant and breastfeeding me, perhaps it gave me other less desirable personality traits but didn't harm my brain, strength or health to any point I can tell.

When I was pregnant with DS I craved BLOOD RED STEAK. The amount of people who freaked at me not eating it well well well done was incredible. Also had some girl almost snatch my peanut butter and crackers out of my hand at work one day telling me I was gonna give my baby nut allergies the fact her kids were bubble babies that shut daycare down constantly with their multiple allergies wasn't a good testament to abstaining from things. Didn't do her much good.

OMG I am a nut, am about 1-2dpo and am thinking if I am really lucky I could squeeze in a testing date at new years ahahaha I was lucky enough to catch DS really early at like 8dpo so now am convinced it is the norm for me. Least if I get a bdn on new years i can drown my sorrows.... who am I kdding I will be asleep on the couch at 10.35pm like every new years

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Delightful December 2012 testing thread!

Upforroundtwo - i had to laugh at your cracker thief at work, thats just crazy.

Its amazing how the parents who aren't looking for/expecting allergies have kids who are fine and can eat anything while those who are afraid of nuts, eggs, wheat, dairy, gluten etc have kids who are "intolerant".

Thanks
    Reviews

This is my test from this morning. Not sure if you guys can see the line or not but it seems to still be there and I think it's pinkish. Hoping for a darker line tomorrow.uploadfromtaptalk1356502104106.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noty I can see it, can't really see colour but it is hard with a faint line like that through the computer. Definitely a line though

Thanks
    Reviews

That's interesting. One of my friends got two positives with frer too but blood year was negative. That was just last week.

I disagree about the drinking though, especially in the first trimester. I think that's when you should be most careful. That's me though, no judgement on anyone else for one or two drinks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    look I will probably get slammed for this answer but one or two drinks is not going to hurt at this stage. Many people don't know until later on and I know myself I didn't think when I was ttcing with ds I could get pregnant and I was drunk for two weeks leading up to finding out I was pregnant with him at 8dpo. He is a little brain box!! My dr made some comment that I can't remember the technicality of not feeding off something until further along that the tww that is for sure.

Stick to one or two drinks, eat well, drink water, be merry
    I agree with you, I think J37 said it's because there is no placenta yet so nothing passes to bub at all that early (Not sharing bloods), so I think a few drinks this early is not going to be harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    This is my test from this morning. Not sure if you guys can see the line or not but it seems to still be there and I think it's pinkish. Hoping for a darker line tomorrow.Attachment 29193

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I can see a definite line there, I can't tell if it's colored or not but I do see a line! I can't wait to see your next test xx

Thanks
    Reviews

For those that have gotten BFP, did you girls have symptoms during TWW?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last month I tested with a FRER (you can see in the testing thread) and I got a good positive at 12DPO at lunchtime. Tested again that night and still a BFP. Next morning I checked with another brand and got a BFN so stressing out bought more tests to receive a BFN with the new FRERs. With the large number of tests I bought I received 3 false positives all performed properly and with obvious lines using the FRERs. There is really only one sure thing and it is what you don't want to do when TTC and that is waiting for AF or testing closer to due date.