+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Unhappy Day - 15 needing Chocolate big time.

Ok today has been super hard for me, my eldest daughter is very sick on the other side of country. I just want to get on a plane and be there. I have been crying all day, which makes me want to eat and eat and eat. Of course the chocolate craving is huge. I just want to eat a family bar of chocolate, I know that won't make her better and it certainly won't help me but it a huge driving force with in me. It would be just so easy to go to the cupboard and eat the whole packet of oreo's or the huge packet of bbq chips or even a LCM.
    Unlike a lot of you my house is not temptation free because I figure to make this lifestyle change that there will always be temptation around so I might as learn to deal with. Anyhow back to chocolate craving, of course after school I had to call into coles to get milk and bread and there at the ends of the aisle was huge stacks of chocolate. I walked past a few times and I even reached out to grab one. I resisted but I decided to comprise and head down to the cold section and a diet chocolate mouse. They are nowhere as good as the hunts ones you can get a woolies but it hit the spot. I am learning slowly how to work my way through this muddy pond called getting fit and getting real.

I haven't done my Zumba yet as I am just so over the top emotionally tired but I promise I will do it before my head hits the pillow. I haven't missed a day yet and I don't plan on make today any different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My mum turned up with KFC for the family for dinner.

OMG the smell.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    KFC, no fair.

I hope your DD1 is ok, and that it is not too serious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-11-2012)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope your DD is ok

Huge for the strength you have shown today ... those damn sugar cravings are bloody hard to resist and you did really, really well today and you need to give yourself a huge pat on the back for not breaking, even when under the emotional pressure you have been under.

Keep up the good work ... you will achieve what you have set your mind to!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ohhh!!

You know what? Have a crispy strip and make yourself a salad. Break the strip up over the salad and dig in. Compromise my love- I'm singing that song loud and proud!

And I get the chocolate craving stuff too- it's very, very hard to overcome. I still haven't worked out how to avoid it completely yet either- esp. as my DP is heavily reliant on chocolate now that he's cut back on alcohol. (He just has an addictive nature- needed to replace one addiction with another)

Throw on Rush, and give yourself a mini party- and keep fighting!

(Ps- I hope your DD is better soon!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Noms and Anewme ... have you seen the Aitkens snack bars in the health food section at the supermarket? I'm such a chocolate snob and I find one of these will really knock my sugar cravings on the head and they only have around the 150 calories in them. I've tried alot of supposed 'treats' by these weightloss companies and they taste like **** ... but not these. They may not fit within your personal dietary plans/tastes, but thought I'd share.

I'll add a pic of my favourite two bars.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-11-2012),MissMuppet  (06-11-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Day - 15 needing Chocolate big time.

These are yummy ... not cheap
    Attached Images

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-11-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks everyone, I might have to fly down to her tomorrow. I am waiting to see how she goes through the night. I am very worried. It is so hard when they live so far away.

I understand mum was trying to help as I am super stressed so she brought dinner so I didn't have to cook. I just wished it was a cooked chook and salad thing. Anyhow I didn't touch it, instead I cooked myself a huge chicken breast that I halved so I can have the other for lunch or dinner tomorrow if I am still here.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (06-11-2012),Mod-RaryGirl  (06-11-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, if you want to just have *real* chocolate, I buy one of the really small Lindt chocolates, I think they are the Excellence ones and they are only about 25 grams so not enough there to do too much damage but still a lovely taste of good quality.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Noms and Anewme ... have you seen the Aitkens snack bars in the health food section at the supermarket? I'm such a chocolate snob and I find one of these will really knock my sugar cravings on the head and they only have around the 150 calories in them. I've tried alot of supposed 'treats' by these weightloss companies and they taste like **** ... but not these. They may not fit within your personal dietary plans/tastes, but thought I'd share.

I'll add a pic of my favourite two bars.
    Thanks I will try them next shopping day.

Thanks for sharing