+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Constipation :-(

Lol @ katherinlouise
    Although I'm sure it would work, I found that I would do some exercise as soon as I get out of bed, and along with everything that has been mentioned it really is important to drink lots of water try to aim for 2l of water a day. It may not be a quick fix but will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a chat to your pharmacist. They have some sugar-based liquid laxatives that are safe for pregnant women. Mine was caused mainly by dehydration because I couldn't keep water down. Heat can also help - warm bath or a heat pack. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

You can buy lactalose over the counter at the chemist it's about $8 a bottle and it works a treat and is completely safe during pregnancy. Hope u get some relief

Thanks
    Reviews
    A natural remedy - Flax seed (rolled or crushed are best) soak in 350ml hot water for 5-10 mins and drink the water (can do daily until things start moving). You should be able to find the see (not the oil) in most health food stores.

Thanks
    Reviews

Metamucil saved me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    im only week 6 and i seem to have constipation and bloating. I use Benefibre which is the same as Metamucil, dried dates, figs and prunes are good. Otherwise Coloxyl or Nulax (fruit laxative) are supposed to be safe for preg women.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Can of straight pear juice! But as someone else suggested stay close to the bathroom! You"ll have movement" (or several of them) within an hour or two!

Katherinelouise how did you ever discover such a technique?
    Lol, probably not in the way you're imagining! I was lying on the floor doing some exercises and feeling sorry for my constipated self. Got onto my hands and knees to get up and felt an instant relief, so experimented.

Thanks
    Reviews

Psyllium husk is awesome! A natural fibre that you can sprinkle in your cereal, on your yoghurt or have a tea spoon with water. If you are really blocked up start with one teaspoon twice a day, then when you have a healthy bowel motion go to once a day. It really works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to eat LOADS of fibre, way more than normal. I was getting constipated in early pregnancy and have now upped the fibre and no more constipation! Here is what I'm eating:
    Breakfast - you can buy 'Freedom Foods' corn flakes with psyllium added - or just buy psyllium husks and add them to your normal cereal. Eat with milk and berries.
    Snacks - fruit, yoghurt, or Macro organics bars - they are just made from dates and nuts and will get you moving!
    Lunch - vegie and legume soup.

If you eat soft foods like this (fruit, vegies, yoghurt, dates, soups) I guarantee you you will not be constipated and you won't need laxatives.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I am on zofran for hyperemisis and I'm very constipated. I've tried glycerin suppositories, coloxyl 50 but no good. I can't drink fluids because of the hyperemisis and eating is no good- so no option to eat more fibre etc.

When do you know it's so bad that you have to go to hospital or something for an enema? X