+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Horse racing

Quote Originally Posted by jess1992 View Post
    I dont want a to cause a fight....

There are trainers out there that treat them respectfully and care for them brilliantly. They dont keep their horses cooped up on tiny yards all day nor do they have them on drugs. These people listen to the horses and give them the time to grow and mature. They also retrain them and make sure they end up with fantastic homes and not on doggers trucks. They scratch them from races when they arent quite right. Each horse has a name.

Also there are rules to how mant times horses are allowed to be whipped during a race (I cant remember the exact amount). Sometimes when it looks like they are being whipped if you look closely the jockey is actually moving the whip quickly back and forwards to make a noise... Again there are trainers which tell jockeys not to use whips.

On the other hand, there are ******** trainers out there that care about their horses or staff in any way These are usually larger racing stables where horses are just a number. They do not have nicknames. Noone has any idea about their personality besides their groom who at the end of the day cannot save every horse although many do try. Some horses are kept in tiny yards for 23 hours of the day and never go into a paddock.

I dont think we should shun everyone in the industry. They arent all bad. Do I think the industry could be better? Absolutely. Regulations need revision, many are ancient. Limits to the amount of horses trained should also be made. They need to introduce the hong kong system of rehoming and not dogging them.

I doubt anything will ever happen. The industry is corrupt. Noone will ever stand upto the racing officials because they have too much power.
    The industry is all about money im afraid money and dreamers chasing said money.

If you want to do something then get a large property and offer to take ex racers for retraining and a new start because unfortunately there arent many people that do with thoroughbreds

Standardbreds are another story but everyone forgets about the trotters/pacers that are in fact usually treated worse than gallopers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I see your point, I do. It's just I see a bigger picture in that all these nice trainers are part of an horrific industry. Some may treat the hoses well, I don't doubt it. The fact remains that as it is, horses are mistreated, frightened, abused and killed for the punters pleasure and the owners purse, and nice as these trainers you refer to are, they are still cogs in the same machine.

I'd love to buy land and look after horses but I can't even buy a home for my family. I've signed numerous petitions and tell very one who will listen about the dark and awful side of the races. I donate to the RSPCA and I never place bets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Horse racing

I wouldnt bother with the rspca they dont do **** even where there is proof

Unfortunately in this day and age we all need to work. Some people choose business some choose science, others choose horses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've never agreed with horse racing. I've never understood how whipping animals to make them perform for the greed of humans is considering acceptable, or how some like to bang on about how wonderfully they're treated. Sorry, but I'm not really sure how whipping something is treating it wonderfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont want a to cause a fight....

There are trainers out there that treat them respectfully and care for them brilliantly. They dont keep their horses cooped up on tiny yards all day nor do they have them on drugs. These people listen to the horses and give them the time to grow and mature. They also retrain them and make sure they end up with fantastic homes and not on doggers trucks. They scratch them from races when they arent quite right. Each horse has a name.

Also there are rules to how mant times horses are allowed to be whipped during a race (I cant remember the exact amount). Sometimes when it looks like they are being whipped if you look closely the jockey is actually moving the whip quickly back and forwards to make a noise... Again there are trainers which tell jockeys not to use whips.

On the other hand, there are ******** trainers out there that care about their horses or staff in any way These are usually larger racing stables where horses are just a number. They do not have nicknames. Noone has any idea about their personality besides their groom who at the end of the day cannot save every horse although many do try. Some horses are kept in tiny yards for 23 hours of the day and never go into a paddock.

I dont think we should shun everyone in the industry. They arent all bad. Do I think the industry could be better? Absolutely. Regulations need revision, many are ancient. Limits to the amount of horses trained should also be made. They need to introduce the hong kong system of rehoming and not dogging them.

I doubt anything will ever happen. The industry is corrupt. Noone will ever stand upto the racing officials because they have too much power.
    The industry is all about money im afraid money and dreamers chasing said money.

If you want to do something then get a large property and offer to take ex racers for retraining and a new start because unfortunately there arent many people that do with thoroughbreds

Standardbreds are another story but everyone forgets about the trotters/pacers that are in fact usually treated worse than gallopers

I would totally take them in even if I had to pay the $100 they go for sometimes. My goal is to get property to start dog rescue but hell why not take in horses. I did wild mustang rescue and rehab for a few years very rewarding but painful lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Horse racing

I wouldnt bother with the rspca they dont do **** even where there is proof

Unfortunately in this day and age we all need to work. Some people choose business some choose science, others choose horses.

The RSPCA do quite a lot for animal welfare, actually. They can't save every animal either, but they give it a good shot. Remember they are a charity supported by the community, not a profitable organisation. Their resources are limited and so are their powers.