+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Combating Tiredness Ideas

I’m only at my 6th week and I am beyond tired. I do work full time, but when I’m not working, all I am doing is sleeping; or so it feels. I am beyond tired.
    Are there any good ways to give yourself a boost to get through the working day?
    I stopped drinking coffee when I was trying to conceive; four months ago. I had my first cup yesterday, after I nearly fell asleep at my desk while at work.
    I really need help. Does anyone have any ideas that I could try that are pregnancy safe?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Combating Tiredness Ideas

I'm in the same boat

I have a berocca some days. From what I've read they're ok when pregnant. They don't help a whole lot, but I find it better than nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's exhausting hey. I too am working full time & have a 2 year old & nearly 8 weeks.

Just try to go to bed as early as possible, it will eventually pass - around 12 weeks.

I also find that if you eat high-protein snacks often that helps. Eg: nuts, chicken breast, boiled egg etc. The most frequently you eat the more energy boost you'll get.

Also - you could try taking your multi-viatmin in the morning, might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same too, unfortunately exercise doesn't help, and makes it worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same, I'm 8 weeks and sooo tired! At about 7pm I can hardly find the energy to cook dinner before I roll into bed at 9:30pm. Here is what I find helpful:
    • make sure you're eating really healthy foods and definitely getting enough iron. Check your pregnancy multi contains iron.
    • go to bed early - I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night!
    • I am driving to work instead of taking public transport so I can sit down and relax
    • at work sometimes I turn toward my computer so people can't see me, hold a piece of paper and pretend that I am reading it but I actually close my eyes and have a little rest!
    • get up and move around the office as much as you can, just to get glasses of water etc. I find this helps.
    Basically all I can do is go to work. I have no energy for anything else and am trying to cut back as much as possible on social engagements - not easy with Christmas coming up and so many family, work and social functions!

Everyone says the tiredness improves at 12 weeks so we are nearly there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsStewart For This Useful Post:

aleck  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Combating Tiredness Ideas

Hear hear ya there ladies I just put my feet up at lunch and found if I don't I suffer I just snack all day vitamins in morning and go to bed as early as I can sometimes 8 sometimes 9 hard with toddler if I find anything I'll post

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reccommend vitamin B6 tablets. They are safe in preg and helped a bit. I'm 17w now & still tired but the first trimester I could barely function!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys. Good to know that although I'm not that far along, it is quite normal. I know they always say that you get tired, but I thought I would be able to funtion better than what I am.

I'm currently taking the mutivitamin from natures own called pregnancy platinum. I don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt when I know I miss out on important vitmains. It is one less thing to worry about.

I'm currently getting about 9-10 hours of sleep a night, and not really exercising. I'm hoping that when this phase calms down I'll get myself into a fitness routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor things...it gets better I promise. You'll just feel like you are in fog for a few more weeks.
    I'm now at 28 weeks but 7-14 weeks I was a clumsy vomitting zombie! I was going to bed BEFORE my 2.5year old. Thankfully DH was happy to play the part of single dad as I was useless.
    I'd fall asleep on the bus on the way home from work, eat a bowl of cereal for dinner then be in bed by 7pm. Wake at 6am feeling like I'd not had any sleep at all.
    Then one day you wake up and are convinced something has gone wrong as you feel so normal again.
    Its your body working hard creating your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aleck View Post
    I’m only at my 6th week and I am beyond tired. I do work full time, but when I’m not working, all I am doing is sleeping; or so it feels. I am beyond tired.
    Are there any good ways to give yourself a boost to get through the working day?
    I stopped drinking coffee when I was trying to conceive; four months ago. I had my first cup yesterday, after I nearly fell asleep at my desk while at work.
    I really need help. Does anyone have any ideas that I could try that are pregnancy safe?
    Although tiredness is a common symptom during early pregnancy, i dont think it would hurt to take an iron and vitamin C suppliment. At 20 weeks i was diagnosed with very low iron levels and got put on a suppliment. Within a month i felt fantastic.
    I also reccomend hiring a toddler if you dont already have one. They dont understand if you are tired, they are actually very motivating and stop you from sitting around feling sorry for yourself.