+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Typing though the tears

I'm Jackie, new here,

Bit of a Back Story
    I've been TTC since I had my Implanon (no period for 3 years, yay) removed on April 23rd. Before that I was on the pill (Leven ed) since I was 13 for heavy painful periods. so over 10 years.
    I'm overweight, however no Endo (had this checked) no PCOS as fair as a know,

Since the Implanon removal, I've had fairly regular cycles around 30 to 35 days, However my cycle in June was 46 Days then AF, August was a neat 30 days and my Current cycle is now at 57 days long no AF yet. I have been doing HPT each week since 35 days (my period being due) and BFN every time.
    Anyways...

Since Sunday I have had some strong cramping come and go(just like my period cramps) and feeling slightly sick (not enough to vomit, just sick) all day Sunday and Monday and this morning. This morning my boyfriend of 4 years and I had a little argument nothing major the weather is weird in Adelaide (hot one minute and raining thunderstorms the next) at the moment and its hard to sleep so we are both tired, but I burst in to tears and cried on and off for over an hour, I hardly ever cry, last time I cried was over 2 months ago and that was a few tears for around 10 mins. This was outright bawling and sobbing.
    I have had no symptoms until Sunday morning.

Could I have O'd late and now am pregnant?
    We BD regularly all cycle around every 2 days (except during AF) maybe more often on weekends. (sorry if TMI) So there would have been waiting sperm for the egg.

I'm planning waiting until the 19th of Nov to see the Doc, If no AF and counting that 46 days was my longest cycle, on the 19th will be 2 cycles with no AF, Still HPT testing every week in the morning
    Should I go sooner?

I had some spotting on 12th(CD32),13th(33),14th(34) of Oct, Which I thought was AF but nothing happened and 1st of Nov (CD52), Both time it was just a few dots on the toilet paper not enough a pad.

I'm just confused and really trying not to get my hopes up.

My Boyfriend thinks he has dud sperm (his words lol) he's previous relationship broke down because they were TCC and she couldn't get pregnant. His ex already had a child (a toddler i think), and his 'man' reasoning is that if he could get a lady that already had a kid pregnant he must have dud sperm. He wont get tested though, I think its pride getting in the way.

Anyways this was way long then I expected, and at least I stopped crying. I hope you gals can shed some light on this situation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Typing though the tears

Hi there,

Welcome aboard. Wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I am a mere mortal. I have read many times that ladies keep getting BFN on home tests but blood tests show positive. Maybe it's worth going for a blood test, that way you will know for sure?

Fingers crossed for you.

Alayne

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

Aphroditie  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Alayne, I'm planning to see the Doc this week if my symptoms get anymore strong. I also have lower back pain for the last around 5 days.

I just think about how much us girls are told take the pill, be careful, don't get pregnant, etc... It Just make me angry, because in reality it Sooooo Hard to get pregnant, Not just for me but for everyone.
    I've never even had a scare, where I thought it might be pregnant, in my whole life, because I've been so super careful,
    I thought that if a guy looks at you the wrong way you get pregnant *sarcasm*
    I feel lied too, by teachers and doctors, being told "Have sex unprotected and you will get pregnant" It's simply not true, you have to have everything right and the star alined, and then maybe you have a 20% change of pregnancy each cycle.
    Sorry just ranting alittle

Anyways hope that anyone else feeling a little sad and a little angry can take comfort in knowing I am too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aphroditie,

Welcome. Just wondering if you have had a laproscopy or an MRI? I have suffered since I was 11 with very heavy and clotty periods and period pain that kept me away from school/work for a minimal of 2 days each month. It was only after we begun our IVF journey that I was diagnoised from an MRI with adenymosis. The laproscopy discovered my blocked tube also. These have all been factors in our infertility and helped us to get on the right track with treatment. My DF was reluctant to start with too, but when we attended the initial appointment with the FS (We are from the country, however see Dr Lisa Bedson at Repromed in Adelaide) he was less so and I went in with him when he had his first sample collected...just to help put him at ease . Quite funny in a way that our men can be uncomfortable about providing a sample, which is painless, however we have quite invasive, painful procedures and we are keen to get the ball rolling ASAP. Sorry now I am just rambling. Hopefully you have found this helpful in some way.

Wishing you lots of

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Typing though the tears

Hi 1wish, thanks for the well wishes,
    I have had a laproscopy in 2004 (for suspected endometriosis) nothing abnormal. Also had a pap smear recently and all clear.
    My boyfriend is more embarrassed and also if he has dud sperm I think it would crush him (i would not care either way love him anyway) and he thinks I might leave him, like his ex did. We have talked about fostering kids or adoption (ivf is not for us). I guess it would be too final for him, I think he really want to be a father to his own child.
    Thanks for the reply though hugs

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Last edited by Aphroditie; 07-11-2012 at 00:06.