+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often would you check and how would you check?

I banged DD on the head on a doorway while holding over my head her around the house in the 'aero plane game'. Not my finest moment. She cried for a minute and was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Yeah, its bern covered. OP has acknowledged she shouldn't have been driving. No need to flog a dead horse.
    My apologies, I didn't realise that posting multiple messages on a forum was against the rules.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My apologies, I didn't realise that posting multiple messages on a forum was against the rules.
    Well now you know [/sarcasm]

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How often would you check and how would you check?

Recently I hadnt slept all week and walked up to pick up Ds#1 from prep with Ds#2 and Ds#3 in the double dram (ds3 seat behind ds2 seat) In my tired maddness i pulled ds#3 (about 10weeks at the time) out when we reached the classroom to console him over my shoulder, when ds1 got out and we left I put him back in the pram but forgot to strap him back in.

The pathway down out of the shool is steep.. so within moments he did a mega slide out of his seat and into the basket below Ds2s seat.. with me managing to grab him awkwardly just before his head went in!!!

This is with hundreds of parents teachers and school kids around me wittnessing my awesome parenting skills.

Dont feel too bad hun! It happens to the best of us! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often would you check and how would you check?

When my DH's niece was about 3 months old I was doing the whole lift above my head thing, and didn't realise the ceiling fan was on and right above me....I'm lucky I didn't scalp the poor thing I cried so hard it was embarrassing (DH and I hadn't been together long, so I didn't know his family very well) she's five now and completely fine lol I on the other hand have been very very careful with babies ever since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That must have been very scary. In the future though you should call 000, never try to drive with an injured kid (or adult) because you can do more damage in a real emergency. The operators will send someone out if needed, but they also help judge if it is an emergency, and they can direct you in first aid (which can mean the difference between life and death).

If it helps you remember when you are panicked put a bit of masking tape with a message telling you to call 000 if its an emergency on your car keys so you see it and remember to calm down and not drive . I'd also recommend taking a first aid course, you do live a fair way away from help and it would help give you the confidence to keep calm in an emergency

Babies and kids are pretty tough, so don't fret

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: How often would you check and how would you check?

<3 whoops...glad she's okay.

Katelym rolled off the bed last night/this morning and conked her head on the draw on the way down I just hugged and shhed and fed her back to sleep. (8 months old though) second baby I'm much more *shrug* ah they're tough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    A first aid course is such a great idea. I have done one and feel much more confident treating injuries since.

Only downside of doing it was the next few times I went out in public, cardiac arrest, fight victims and old biddies who had fallen over were suddenly everywhere! At least I had the skills to assist. Ah, the universe just LOVES to challenge us!