+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure where you live, OP, but in Brisbane there are some great maternity wear stores that have good work clothes. My office is a pretty corporate one, and I found lots of skirts/ trousers that I could wear with my suit jackets, as well as smart tops.

I also wore an existing skirt suit up until nearly the end, as the jacket was long enough to cover the zip on my skirt - so I just progressively unzipped it as time went on, and never took my jacket off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What do you wear to an office job while pregnant?

Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I've been looking in non-maternity stores too, and everything that might be ok for work is that stupid fashion of short at the front and long at the back - meaning it wouldn't even cover my belly button lol!
    I've had a look at Asos, next direct and top shop, they have awesome winter stuff but I'm getting hot so easily that I'm looking for short sleeves or REALLY light long sleeves, so unfortunately coz it's winter in the UK, their summer stock is limited :-( I've already told hubby that our next baby will be a winter baby - so much nice knitwear that I can wear!

Thanks
    Reviews

I wore a maternity skirt with Ripe maternity tops. Occasionally pants too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I usually wore black maternity pants or skirts, teamed with a stretchy top and a little cardi, or sometimes a maternity top. I was at my biggest during the summer months. My office isn't overly corporate though, no one wears a suit.

When I had a small bump in winter I still managed to wear button up shirts .

Most of my stuff was just Target or Kmart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I've been looking in non-maternity stores too, and everything that might be ok for work is that stupid fashion of short at the front and long at the back - meaning it wouldn't even cover my belly button lol!
    I've had a look at Asos, next direct and top shop, they have awesome winter stuff but I'm getting hot so easily that I'm looking for short sleeves or REALLY light long sleeves, so unfortunately coz it's winter in the UK, their summer stock is limited :-( I've already told hubby that our next baby will be a winter baby - so much nice knitwear that I can wear!
    I can highly recommend a spring baby (DD was October), it's perfect . I fell pregnant in January, was at my biggest during the coldest time and it wasn't warming up too much at all in October so I never felt too hot.

So much better than DS's pregnancy (born in Feb), was so hot and uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by minipolly2b View Post
    And if you have an iPhone, Asos has a great app for free... I love it!!
    I wish you hadn't told me that!

Thanks
    Reviews

Szabo maternity have nice things. Bit on the $$ though

Thanks
    Reviews

I got all my work clothes from
    Soon, Metalicus and Isabella Oliver. ASOS and next also have great maternity work wear.

Thanks
    Reviews

I work at a private school and have same trouble!! All my tight, high wasted skirts and dresses just feel so tight and I only have 4 wks of wrk to go so refuse to buy new clothes. I have bought nice target stuff (slightly looser stuff) like blouses, satin tops, blazer and cropped jacket and wear my old work pants with a belly pants expander thingy. Still wear heels. Also jeans west maternity black skinny leg jeans I wear... Noone notices they r actually jeans!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you wear to an office job while pregnant?

I've got the opposite problem, I've got heaps of tops, but no bottoms! We should get together and trade!!
    I've got some dressy empire wasted tops and some others which are just stretchy material.
    However places like ozsale or brandsexclusive often have great sales on maternity wear. Here are some links to join

Ozsale

Brandsexclusive

Buy Invite

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    Last edited by Disbride; 06-11-2012 at 17:14.