+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default anyone have advice regarding my 4 year old.

Hello everyone this might be all over the place as I'm a little emotional right now but I'm having lots of trouble with my 4 year old mainly at preschool. He has speech delays and until last term was seeing a speech therapist regularly but this term she hasnt gotten back to me with appointments. He seems to show a complete lack of empathy towards anything and anyone he hits the teachers and students when something doesn't go his way. Last week he punched a little girl in the face because she got chosen first for the hand basin. He can't handle big groups and most of the time needs one on one interaction with the carers which they don't have funding for. When he is at home just him and his younger brother he is a complete angel barely know he is home but when his older brother comes home then it's horrible hitting him and calling him idiot and saying he hates him. His on a no sugar and preservative diet which the preschool said has worked better with concentration but hasn't solved all problems. Pediatrician appointment is booked but seems to be taking forever to get in and the community health centre seems so stretched for resources that I'm just not getting the appointments I need im just at a loss the other day we lost one of our baby ducks my mums dog got to it and killed it unfortunately the kids sore it all and my eldest is devastated but Jake just tells everyone exactly what happened like it was nothing and with no emotion I just have no idea where to go from here I'm pulling him out of preschool for the rest of the year as he is just not coping next year they are trying to get funding for a one on one teacher but I really want to find help for him now he doesn't really make friends and just likes playing by himself it just breaks my heart seeing him struggle so much and I don't want him to get out of control as he gets older. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar or think they may know what is going on? Once again I'm sorry if it makes no sense I'm on my phone and emotional.

Thanks
    Reviews

Naw.... Biggest hugs... It does sound like your little man may have the typical indicators that often come with an Aspergers diagnosis... (Not that I'm an expert by any means). It's so so tough and please be kind to you.

Just keep trying to get into a paed and maybe ask the teachers for some referrals.

Thinking of you. (Hugs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: anyone have advice regarding my 4 year old.

I have no thoughts but just want to send hugs and hope it starts getting better. Hope its nothing to serious

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you I have actually suspected aspergers as well. I have a gp appointment tomorrow to see if he can hurry a pediatrician appointment and the preschool are trying to get help also and are writing letters for me to take to whatever appointment I can get I also rang early intervention today and left a message with them as they didn't answer so hope they get back to me tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    I have no thoughts but just want to send hugs and hope it starts getting better. Hope its nothing to serious

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Thank you I have actually suspected aspergers as well. I have a gp appointment tomorrow to see if he can hurry a pediatrician appointment and the preschool are trying to get help also and are writing letters for me to take to whatever appointment I can get I also rang early intervention today and left a message with them as they didn't answer so hope they get back to me tomorrow.
    Cool. Well in the meantime vent away. And try to tell yourself that you ARE doing a great job and doing the best anyone would under the circumstances ... I know how vicious mummy-guilt can be. We all have to give ourselves a pat on the back every now and then - but especially those of us dealing with challenging behaviours and personalities. Take care of you...

Thanks
    Reviews

Your so kind thank you :-)