+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Idea's for Hubbys lunch

Hi everyone, looking for ideas for my hubby's lunches because at the moment his work site doesn't have a fridge or microwave... he's getting a bit over fruit, nuts, muesli bars, and vegemite sandwiches lol...

ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Pizza delivery!!!!!

Lol a hard one.......that tinned chicken is pretty good for a tinned product and you can get it in all sorts of flavours. I used to eat it on crackers. You can also buy small cheese wedges that don't need refrigerating. Vege chips are yum and healthier than normal chips same as rice crackers. I also like to eat corn thins with peanut butter and jam on them instead of sandwiches. You can also buy desserts in the aisle that don't need refrigeration like custard and fruits and pudding in single serves. Savory muffins, zucchini slice, quiche can all be eaten at room temp and will be fine sitting in a thermo bag with a cold block in there for a couple of hours.
    Goodluck and I hoped I helped lol

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DP works on different sites and 99% of the time there's no fridges or microwaves etc. He refuses to buy lunch.

He has a big esky and in that esky he puts 3 frozen ice bricks and 2 x 1.25 litre bottles of frozen water to drink throughout the day.

Then he packs foods that like to be cold, like Asian crunchy salad and he'll mix in a tin of tuna. Or he makes curried egg sandwiches (makes it the night before but makes it with frozen bread, that stops the bread going soggy). Or he makes ham, pickles and cheese sandwiches or ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches, again on frozen bread.

He takes all varieties of salads and mixes in tuna, and he takes lots of creative sandwiches (like left over casserole, spaghetti, lasagne, tuna casserole, and makes them into sandwiches).

If he takes like a cup of soup, migoreng or other noodles. He fills his thermos with boiling water in the morning. It stays boiling for over 24 hours.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would just advise him to pack his lunch into an esky or thermal bag with a large ice brick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would buy a fridge to go lunch bag, it keeps food cold for 8hrs and they come in a great range of sizes, they are the only lunch bags-boxes I buy now as our son uses his for school and his food comes home still cold, they come in family sizes to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pack my DP with...
    Leftovers in containers (pasta, lasagna,cold pizza slices, zucchini slice mini quiche, roast potatos)
    Baked stuff, scones, slice, cake, biccies etc
    Cold salads, pasta, potato,rice, Tuna and salad etc
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Wraps, sanga's, rolls with salad, tuna or egg and lettuce
    Canned beans, he eats them cold
    Vegie sticks cut up, carrots, celery, cherry toms, cheese cubes etc with hommus to dip
    Crackers with cans of flavored tuna to spread on.
    Dried fruit, nuts and seeds and sulatna's
    Sesame snaps

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    I would buy a fridge to go lunch bag.
    . I have one of these too, recently acquired but I really love it so far. Food stays icy cold!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (05-11-2012)