+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I personally think nappy bags are unnecessary - and I am someone who would easily spend $400 on one if I thought it was worth it. Honestly, a nappy roll is all I've ever used for my 3 kids. I find nappy bags either 2 big and bulky for one baby or not big enough when you have 2 little ones in nappies etc. And I could never find anything in it.

I just use my normal handbag and bought a cloth bag for the nappy roll which also easily fitted in spare clothes, food, bottles - whatever you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just googled them because I'd never heard of it.

It's a nice bag but not worth it - there are always fashionable bags around each pregnancy I've been through - Petunia Picklebottom when I was pregnant with DD1, Storksak when I was pregnant with DD2 and I don't think I even bothered looking when I was pregnant with DS. They are really unnecessary.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nappy Bags - Talk me out of an Il Tutto!

I'm a bag tragic, so I won't be much help. But have you checked out Storksak? They have a couple of fabric options that are much cheaper than leather but still gorgeous

I had a leather OiOi, loved it. Still not cheap, but cheaper than Il Tutto. Another option is Oroton, they have a nice signature nappy bag and if you get it during sale time the price tag isn't too scary.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm addicted to bags of any type :-) Oroton are having an online sale at the moment through their outlet & their signature nappy bag is reduced from $395 to $192, it's gorgeous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I liked the look of the Il Tutto online, but it didn't look convenient when I saw it in a shop. It was very small and boxy, and wouldn't have worked well for how I use it.

Someone on here suggested JuJuBe to me, and I got one of their bags. I LOVE it!! Look them up - you can order them on Amazon. So handy. And heaps of people have said they liked it and asked where to get one

I used to have an OiOi, but it was too big and the JuJuBe was waaaay better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    for a bag to cost $400+, I would expect it to magically change my baby's nappies for that price! lol. I'd spend up to $80 on a nappy bag, because at the end of the day, that's all it is.: a nappy bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I got my nappy bag for $10 at the target baby sale..
    It's been used for 2 years here and there.. But honestly it's only been used when we go away for the night really, and it's used to pack dd's overnight things.
    I made sure the pram I got had enough space to fit a few nappies etc, any thing extra just went in my hand bag.
    I'm already carting around a child, why add another bulky bag full of crap?

Don't buy it.
    $400 to carry around your babies toiletries is extreme.
    Put that money away for nice photos, hand prints or whatever for bub.
    Or better yet buy some nice things for YOU.
    If your worried about style half the population won't notice a $400 nappy bag.
    I really don't understand designer baby things.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was looking at iltutto originally but bought a $450 leather storksak and i love it! I have taken it with me everyday since DD was born 13 months ago and couldn't live without it. If I had a crappy nappy bag I probably wouldn't use it as mine looks like a normal stylish leather handbag not a baby bag. Good luck with your purchase

Thanks
    Reviews
    Il Tutto leather bags are nice but:
    1) They are very heavy even when they are empty.

2) The inside pockets are not elasticised pockets like Oi Oi, Storksak or Babymel, or many of the Juju be bags. If you use pockets, believe me, elasticised are much better.

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought one * hangs head in shame* and it was a waste of money! Actually DH talked me into it hahaha he likes nice things!?
    It's heavy
    Big and bulky
    Hard to find things in!
    Didn't fit under my pram and BTW i had a stupid pram too that couldn't hang things off handles. So annoying!!!!!!
    Only really used it for a year max then we took a little backpack on outings.
    Sometimes I felt like ...what an idiot i am, with this stupid million dollar nappy bag and its got spew all over it hahahahah

It sits in the cupboard now and I often look at it and think " oh what I could do with that money now.... When there's only 1 wage coming in its amazing how your idea of 'good value' and 'affordability' change!