+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Nappy Bags - Talk me out of an Il Tutto!

I've been looking at Nappy Bags and have fallen in love with the Il Tutto Mia, but I just can't justify the price ($400+). I've only read great reviews about it, so does anyone have not so great reviews? Theoretically I could afford it if it was really worth it and lasted ages, but I would probably feel so guilty spending that kind of money on a Nappy Bag, not to mention my DH would have a fit.

I also like the look of the (much more reasonably priced) Babymel Amanda, but I don't love it as much as the Il Tutto. Anyone care to offer some rational advice or suggestions for stylish but not crazily expensive Nappy Bags. You would be doing my already strained bank account a huge favour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I bought it and it sits in the boot of my car! Honestly I was excited for cool nappy bags at first but then realized i had expensive handbags that I still wanted to use so I bought a nappy bag insert on eBay and put them in my good handbags!
    The il tutto is good but honestly you don't need one, as mentioned it stays in my boot with emergency nappy/clothes that never get used and now at 2 I keep DS stuff when we go out in his toy story back pack

Thanks
    Reviews
    No suggestions on a different bag. But $400 = 16 nice bottles of wine. I know where my money'd go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd look for a cheaper leather bag. I was given a nappy bag from work when I had a baby and they're honestly just a bag you throw all of your junk in. There is no real difference between a nappy bag that costs $50 or $400. If your account is already strained, think of how much you will need that money when baby arrives. One of my friends is always buying really designer stuff, but IMO she's doing wrong by her son because she can't afford her bills etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to strandbags and bought a big light pink beautiful bag for $100, it's had plenty of use so far. The kardashian bags are really big and only about $100 and I like the style of them, though I'm sure not everyone would like them. Claudine and ash make amazing nappy bags for $300+ and if id had the money I would have bought one of them, I love bags and wallets

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given a Oioi and it's green with white stripes, my hubby would not carry a ladies looking nappy bag. I have used it for over 3 yrs for two kids and it still looks new, because it is cloth, thick canvas like, it is easy to throw in the wash

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought an $80 nappy bag, used it a few times and then left it in the car whenever we went anywhere cos I could fit nappies and bottles in my regular Guess handbag, which was way more practical and stylish. I don't see the benefit or value in expensive purpose-built bags; you probably won't be using it for long before you buy a backpack with a cartoon character on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have a beautiful oioi bag that I got and it stays in my car and I use a regular bag with a fold up change mat that has pockets. If you had $$$ to burn, then I'd say go for it!! But for me, it's totally not worth the money when I don't use it. Fwiw, at the start, I used it heaps more cause I needed a million changes of clothes when web went out, but now he's not a spewer any more and a regular bag is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Nappy Bags - Talk me out of an Il Tutto!

I have never used a nappy bag, they are too big, bulky and unnecessary, I would spend $400 on a nice handbag instead and just leave a few essentials in the car, plus a nappy and wipes in your handbag.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Blerh I hate this brand (call me crazy I know ) I much prefer the JuJu Be bags, they do leather ones as well.