+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ah - didn't know Jo had written another book (I bought her first book The station at Austin Downs), I had a lot of contact with her and her mum in the past when working in the adjoining rural areas that they were - cheers, MM

I'll go hunt it down now. (Jo and her mum - both OT's and her SIL a speech therapist) worked a lot with a rural brethren community - which she speaks about a bit in her first book (although that's primarily about their move to Cue).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Raising Boys

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like a good list! Better get my glasses on, once Ive spent some time with the kids and put them each to bed, of course.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Went out and found Jo Jackson King's book today and bought it (Dymocks). It's really well written, also easy to read, she covers a lot of bases. I certainly recommend it alongside the one I put earlier (by Maggie Dent)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the Raising Boys book,

Another one I love is called 'Wild at Heart'... which I find really fits with MY boys. And I have 5 of them. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like a lot of the things it says.

I want my boys to be BOYS. I do believe they are hard wired differently, men and women are different, boys and girls are different. That doesn't mean that boys aren't sensitive and caring and gentle and helpful.. it just means they are boys, they thrive on responsibility and adventure and the outdoors and being 'grounded' in nature.. snails in pockets, mud on barefeet, scratches on knees and leaves in hair.

So I love that book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    Saw a book at the library today called 'How not to f*** them up', lol! Looks interesting, no idea what it's like but the title has me hooked already!
    I just looked it up. It actually looks like a perfect book for me.
    Written by a child psychologist. Doesn't come across as one of those "you must do this and that" books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Raising Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I just looked it up. It actually looks like a perfect book for me.
    Written by a child psychologist. Doesn't come across as one of those "you must do this and that" books.
    That does sound good! I'm going to borrow it