• Love 'em

13 27.66%
  • Hate 'em

15 31.91%
  • Don't really care

19 40.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hate em.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    That's so funny!!! It's making me want to search for my favourite which was peaches and cream Barbie!! Unfortunately, after I 'grew out' of playing with them, I sold them all at a family garage sale because I wanted to buy a hair crimper!! As soon as I had enough $$ I jumped on my bike and it was bye bye Barbie, hello hair crimper!!!
    Bit off track... Sorry!
    Oh oh! When I was looking at Astronaut Barbie I was thinking "Pfft. She's nowhere near as cool as Peaches and Cream Barbie." She was my favourite too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2888022046_7f647091cb.jpg

Look how beautiful she is! Sighhh.. I wish I had a dress like that.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

Meh, peaches and cream doesn't have an awesome silver belt and purple go go boots like astronaut barbie. She does have pretty impressive sleeves though, I'll give you that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

Oh I had her!!!

My favourite Barbie has curly brown hair and purple (yes I know) eyes. I think they were purple. She had a big pink and purple ballgown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her sleeves make up for the rest. AND the translucence of her skirt. It's like a saucy meringue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I freakin loved Barbies when I was a kid. My sister and I played with them for hours. We got a barbie camper for Christmas one year and my cool rating at school leapt to the top of the tree. Everyone wanted to come over and play with it. My mother still has it and dd1 plays with it whenever we visit.

DD1 would have 30 barbies. For years they were all she wanted on sticker charts. She had some birthdays where she would get maybe 10 as gifts. It was insane how much she loved them and still does. We now have a golden retriever puppy so the girls are learning all about limbless barbie. She's lost a foot, or a hand, but is still cool.

I remember getting a bionic woman doll when I was around 7 or 8 and I think my relationship with barbie never recovered. The bionic woman had skin you could roll back and see all the bionic bits. Man she was cool.

I went on to become a very stable intelligent career woman. Can never see the harm in barbies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

love love love . better than the skanky bratz dolls these days!!
    I was quite the macabre child though.. all mine were sporting god awful 'hair cuts'

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no problems with DD having barbies, I had piles of them when I was a kid and I viewed it as a toy not not a role model. I don't understand why people get so huffy about barbie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Loved them as a child, and still love then as an adult. It's a way for girls to act out /role play with glamour, fashion, makeup, hair without having to do so in real life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast