• Don't really care

19 40.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i have all of the Wizard of Oz barbies.

i love them

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

Loved Barbie then, love her now. I kept a box of Barbies and accessories and passed it onto DS2, he was in heaven

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Also a Barbie fan! The body image thing never occurred to me as a child. My poor Peaches n Cream Barbie received a sex change and became my Ken doll i.e. I chopped her hair short and made her go about topless wearing jeans...

Curl and twirl Barbie was my favourite!
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had barbies as a kid. My fav was barbie and the Rockers too ahhh the 80's.... lol and the scary thing is I still remember the song off the cassette

As as an adult I don't love them, but I prefer barbie over Bratz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I may have in a fit of nostalgia just gone and bought a replacement astronaut barbies off ebay for $60

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Lol, I just bought a handful of Kelly dolls.

They have flat feet and less make up. Tick, tick.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I never played with barbies as a child. I used to torment my sister by dismembering her Barbie dolls

If DS wants a Barbie, I'll buy him one, but he doesn't seem interested in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think Barbies and Lego were about the only toys I played with as a kid, and then I played Lego just the same as I had played Barbies, I could just build them more stuff. lol.

I LOVE Barbie. I understand her body shape isn't exactly normal, but nor are any dolls that are like that. I don't ever remember wanting to be built like Barbie as a kid. I did remember thinking that Jessica Rabbit was sex-on-legs before I even knew that term (or what it meant) and I also thought the Baywatch girls were the kind of girls I wanted to look like. Also... magician's assistants. I wanted to be built like one of those, and wear skin-coloured fishnets just like they did. lol.

So really, Barbie never screwed me over, the bodies of OTHER females in the media did though. Barbie was just a chick who could do anyhting, and who owned a million outfits. I remember Barbie getting stuck on a raft during a flood, and just drifting around on it with her friends/family. She was trying to find her boyfriend... he was stuck on some island somewhere.

I remember Barbie rescuing a dolphin and having to take it to the vet clinic she ran... or Barbie teaching her daughter to drive a car.

I also remember Ken being a perp of DV whenever my brother played with me (he just used to start fights with other Kens... and if Barbie tried to intervene, she got beat up too... the joys of playing Barbies with a little boy... lol).

I just loved Barbie. There is no way I could hate her. She can anyone she wants to be... and I think that's kind of awesome.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-11-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (05-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and the fave Barbies of mine:

Teresa with a green swimsuit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kendark...6905/lightbox/

Tragically 80s cowgirl Barbie: http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/536...N.56658522.jpg

Baywatch Barbie I named "Pamela," lol - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l7MWsrOZ_R...atchbarbie.jpg

Sparkle-Eyes Barbie complete with platinum mullet (LMAO!) http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JidtmAqjqj...1FjhTbzK-L.jpg

AND... Luke Perry a Dylan made the BEST Ken Doll... LOL! http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/3/3...7747925_tp.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had nearly every Barbie that has been mentioned, I loved barbie, I don't remember ever think anything about her body shape, I just loved dressing her up, and that she could be anything.

DD is also a fan, but she has a great house and car for hers

I think bratz are worse then Barbie if we're looking at body shape/clothing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I lived barbie when I was little. I had a barbie house and cars as well. I loved dressing her up, and never thought of what her body looked like. Dd did get one or two but she was never interested in dolls.
    I agree with pp that I think bratz dolls are worse.