• Hate 'em

15 31.91%
  • Don't really care

19 40.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

That's awesome!!.

You can buy an astronaut outfit for Barbie that DD has. But she prefers her barbies naked

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I adored my barbies as a kid. Loved dressing them and playing with them. My cousin and I would play with them for hours. Loved doing their hair. Was the best present I got when I was little.

I really don't think they portray a bad image at all... It didn't affect me as a kid nor does it now. I will definitely get barbies for my daughter when she's old enough if she's interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't find them fun to play with. You couldn't bend their legs or arms and the only shoes they could wear were high heels, everyone knows that you can't climb a tree in high heels.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

I may have in a fit of nostalgia just gone and bought a replacement astronaut barbies off ebay for $60

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-11-2012),GreenMama  (05-11-2012),Guest654  (05-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (05-11-2012),onionskin  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I loved my Barbies! My favourite was rollerskating Barbie, her skates had flint in them and sparked when she 'skated'. I also had a pregnant Barbie. She was awesome if not creepy.

I guess I can analytically get the image thing with Barbie, but I feel like as their mum, I have heaps more influence than she does...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I may have in a fit of nostalgia just gone and bought a replacement astronaut barbies off ebay for $60

That's so funny!!! It's making me want to search for my favourite which was peaches and cream Barbie!! Unfortunately, after I 'grew out' of playing with them, I sold them all at a family garage sale because I wanted to buy a hair crimper!! As soon as I had enough $$ I jumped on my bike and it was bye bye Barbie, hello hair crimper!!!
    Bit off track... Sorry!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Barbies (the doll), love 'em or hate 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I didn't find them fun to play with. You couldn't bend their legs or arms and the only shoes they could wear were high heels, everyone knows that you can't climb a tree in high heels.
    Ahem. *i* can

Thanks
    Reviews

I loved barbies and DD who is t even 4 yet has a 'shoe' box with about 6 of them in there and she loves them she is getting a happy birthday barbie for her birthday and I will probably ge her some barbie clothes for her stocking for Christmas.. She dose act out little stories with them and likes playing with them she has never come out and said she wants to be barbie so I don't think she looks at her like that. Mind you she has had ALOT of different sorts of dolls lol
    Oooo and heading down memory lane I loved my barbies lol played with them till was about 12 with a good friend of mine hahaah her little brothers had action man so they had hunky looking dates lol! I also had the preg barbie, I loved it! Hahaha have searched on eBay for one but they are soooo expencive!
    Last edited by bubbabailey; 05-11-2012 at 08:10.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Not a Barbie fan here!!! I was too much of a tomboy as a kid (two wild brothers will do that to you!!) and only ever had a couple of them. My brothers and I used to cut their hair, melt them in the sun with a magnifying glass and I even remember putting one in the microwave (baaaad idea)!!!!

I haven't had to worry about them as an adult having 2 boys but I have on occasions given them as presents to nieces, friends girls etc. I can see how some little girls adore them but that just wasn't me!!!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    These two were my fav:

Barbie and the Rockers (came with her own cassette!)
    barbie-and-the-rockers-reproduction-1.jpg

And Day to Night Barbie, but I can't add the photo, BH says it's too large