+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Min would be $250 a week for 2adults 3 children. We could do it a lot cheaper but I like my items like the pino clean antibacterial wipes so in stead up dish clothes I use single use wipes, dearest part for us is our sons school lunch box items. Since getting our thermomix I have noticed we are not spending as much on meat and I have also been able to stop buying the kids yogo's as the thermomix makes even better custard. We also have 3 pets and buy them quality brand food which adds up very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much do you spend on groceries?

We spend roughly $200 a week for 2 adults and 2 kids - but one has allergies & her food tends to be pretty expensive - $5.99 for a 6 pack of LcM style bars.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I honestly have no idea. We are really badly organised, generally buy what we're having for dinner that night that day, and pick up a few snacks and general items a couple of times a fortnight. I reckon I spend about $80 at each shop, and about $10 - $15 on each nights dinner. So somewhere around $150 to $200 a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How much do you spend on groceries?

Probably about $350 a week for 2 adults and a toddler, I spend about $120 on fruit/veg and $100 a week on fish and meat alone! I do buy mostly organic/free range and my cheeses/bread from the deli so that makes it worse I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spend $200-250 a week for a family of four. I can't seem to get it any lower. That includes all our food as well as cleaning products, etc. I use Coles online (have also used Woolworths online) to stick to my budget as I find when I shop in store that its too hard to keep track of the cost and I usually spend close to $300. By shopping online if I'm over budget I can go back through my shopping list and get rid of anything that isn't essential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $250 a week. 2 adults 2 kids. I cant go any lower..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We're similar to CazHasKidz in that we don't really do a full grocery shop every week or fortnight. As a result one of us ends up at the supermarket almost every day!

At a guess, we'd probably spend a good $200.00 a week for 2 adults and a toddler.

My DH is the type that doesn't like to do 'easy' dinners, like toasties. It has to be a full production for him (mind you, he cooks most nights that he isn't working anyway), or take-away.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    About $250 ($300 is rare and extreme for us) for 2 adults and 3 kids.

ETA it usually sits at about $200 when hubby is away and $250 when he is home, includes everything (don't buy many cleaning products though as I have enjo).
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 05-11-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont really have a budget but i am guessing about $150 a week for 2 adults and 3yo and 15m, which would include formula. I will tend to pay quite a lot for fruit for the kids which although expensive atleast i know they will eat it. This doesnt unclude eating out on weekends. Groceries getting so expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much do you spend on groceries?

I spend $160 a week for us and dog. I don't buy cleaning products or many toiletries. I basically use bar soap and that's it. Only eat meat three or four times a week.

Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)