+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember my mum used to read this book to me when I was little (I got it for my third birthday). She has it put away for when I have a baby! Love that story.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another beautiful book to read is "My love will find you wherever you are"
    I bought this one for DS and still can't get through it without getting teary, first time I read it to him he had tears in his eyes as well.
    it starts with " I wanted you more than you ever will know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go"
    the last page reads " you are my darling, my angel, my star and my love will find you wherever you are"
    DS is 9 now and he will still bring it to me and ask me to read it to him, especially if he is feeling a bit down.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-03-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    My mother used to read this book to me as a child. I now read the exact same book to my children.

It has changed slightly from the mum climbing through his window at night when he is a grown man (bit creepy lol) to unlock the door and go in etc.

Love love love it. Childhood favourite and still my favourite.

I'll love you for forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living,
    My baby you'll be...

:,( makes me cry everytime.

Great book to help your child understand ageing and the love between mother and child.
    I have never even heard of this book and was hoping I'd find some of the actual story when I clicked on the link- just to see what everyone was sooking about!Well, I'm not even through reading the first page of this thread and getting an idea of what the story is about- then read the quote from the book above. I can tell you, having watched 13 yo DS grow from my little man into an "almost man", I sobbed my heart out just now!
    A mother's love for her baby boy stays the same I can assure you- and time FLIES. I feel like it was only yesterday that I holding his little hand as we walked to kinder and he would pick me flowers along the way.. his back pack swamping his tiny body! Now, he's turing 14, his feet are bigger than mine and he's taller than me- but I can still beat him in an arm wrestle

Very emotional stuff OP- I don't blame you at all. I want that book!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-03-2013 at 09:02.