+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: "Love You Forever" Am I the only person who was turned into a blubbering mess?

I was about 7 when my teacher read it to the class and I cried then. I then told mum to read the book and she did and bought it. When we write special things to each other we sign off with

"love you forever
    Like you for always
    As long as I'm living
    My baby/mummy you'll be"

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default "Love You Forever" Am I the only person who was turned into a blubbering mess?

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    I was about 7 when my teacher read it to the class and I cried then. I then told mum to read the book and she did and bought it. When we write special things to each other we sign off with

"love you forever
    Like you for always
    As long as I'm living
    My baby/mummy you'll be"

That is so sweet. I have a crap relationship with my mum and really want to have a special one with my baby girl as she grows.. I hope we will be like that^^

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (05-11-2012),Super Trooper  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default "Love You Forever" Am I the only person who was turned into a blubbering mess?

Subbing so in the morning I can go buy this book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been watching this book on eBay & I'm going to get it now because of this thread! What one do you guys think is better though, the original (with a boy sitting next to a toilet on the cover) or the newer version? (with a mum & baby on the cover)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've tried to read it to DS countless times - but I've only finished it once! I end up in tears, then he ends up in tears & we decide to read something else instead.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    I've been watching this book on eBay & I'm going to get it now because of this thread! What one do you guys think is better though, the original (with a boy sitting next to a toilet on the cover) or the newer version? (with a mum & baby on the cover)
    I've seen it on eBay and find it cheaper in book stores :/

There really isn't much difference between the two, the first one talks about her climbing through his window when he has moved out of home and the new one has changed that so it doesn't see so creepy (still a little odd lol)

As for how the pictures are I prob like the original but then it's cause I grew up with it. I have both new and original books. I would prob go with which ever was cheaper. Both great and not too different.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: "Love You Forever" Am I the only person who was turned into a blubbering mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    That is so sweet. I have a crap relationship with my mum and really want to have a special one with my baby girl as she grows.. I hope we will be like that^^
    Unfortunately my relationship isn't always great with my mum, but we do definitely have our special moments. I am hoping that my relationship with my children and stepdaughter is a little better than the one with my mum, but she is my mum and I will always love her :-) I hope you get that something special with your daughter. And I highly recommend the book, except for when you are highly emotional. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased this book a good few years ago to read to my class. Have never actually been able to do this! Just looking through it makes me bawl! I always wanted to read it around mothers day to the kids but just can't!

Thanks
    Reviews

Mum used to read this to my sister and I and cry everytime, we thought it was funny lol. Now im a mother it makes me cry, such a beautiful book!

Thanks
    Reviews

I remember Hughesy and Kate (breakfast radio in Melbourne) discussing this book a few years ago on air. None of them could read it without crying. They even spoke to the author on air.