+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    And wasn't she an "acquaintance" anyway? So, not a friend or anyone who would be expected to provide any kind of support to?
    Doesn't matter, all the "acquaintances" don't talk to her anymore, obviously were talking about it together...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Doesn't matter, all the "acquaintances" don't talk to her anymore, obviously were talking about it together...
    No there is nothing "obvious" about anything she's said at all.

Wow way to read a whole lot more into someone's comment. I doubt if they were acquaintances she would know who was still speaking to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    No there is nothing "obvious" about anything she's said at all.

Wow way to read a whole lot more into someone's comment. I doubt if they were acquaintances she would know who was still speaking to.
    she said "those of us who know haven't spoken to her since"

Quite obvious to me!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Jennaisme  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default i didnt know I was pregnant*tv show*

Thanks for understanding (people who did) about how sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all. The girl I am referring to was an acquaintance, a friend of a friend whom I saw out at night occasionally, not my bosom buddy BFF who would turn to me for any reason at all. I hope she did get the support and help she so obviously needed. I'm not a bad person for not tracking down her phone number to console her. I'm a good person for not tracking down her number to tell her my opinions.
    I'm not even saying she's a bad person, just that I (and some others) didn't agree with her actions and far as I know haven't gone out of their way to be a part of her life. Who knows if she even noticed, really!
    Sorry that it appears this one anecdote has high jacked a thread about a tv show. I was just sharing an 'I didn't know I was pregnant' story that didn't have a happy outcome. Not all women want to be mothers, even when they are physically capable of it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (05-11-2012),starflame  (05-11-2012),Youngish87  (06-11-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Surely you can see the irony in this statement? Don't judge her for judging someone else?

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub
    And yet you're judging me.
    But no I meant its basically 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    she said "those of us who know haven't spoken to her since"

Quite obvious to me!
    Fair point. But why care so much? I "knew" someone at uni who had a very late term abortion and it was incredibly hard being supportive when you find what they do repugnant. It can make you look at a person differently once they do something you like that.

Anyway I've broken my promise to myself to stay away from threads like these so I'm bowing out.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm always stunned when I hear of these stories!
    I mean the baby moving, super sensitive smell the list goes on!

Then again a friend was seeing a fs and was told she was infertile, while being pregnant, finally at 24wks he said yes your pregnant!!

Also a friend of a friend who I'd see regularly, she knew she was pregnant but never had a baby baby bump! She was very skinny, put on a few kg's but looked great, everyone who saw her thought she had a boob job, she went from an a to a d cup! Something about her uterus not being where it normally should be!

So I guess it is possible....sometimes.
    Last edited by sparklebug; 05-11-2012 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Fair point. But why care so much? I "knew" someone at uni who had a very late term abortion and it was incredibly hard being supportive when you find what they do repugnant. It can make you look at a person differently once they do something you like that.

Anyway I've broken my promise to myself to stay away from threads like these so I'm bowing out.
    I think the original post sounded smug, like "yeh, me and these people didn't speak to her since" as if it's something to be proud of because this girl did something that she was against. It also sounded as if they had spoken about this girl behind her back. How else would they know that the others has stopped talking to her. Now to me, that is repugnant.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think the original post sounded smug
    No smug/mean/sarcastic tone intended- that is just it you can't read someone's tone it's just our interpretation. Just my 2 cents worth!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (06-11-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The super sensitve Smell thing.. I don't have a sense of smell. IF I Smell anything I assume I am imagining things.

Mind you a felt a big kick today.. If it had happened more then 3 times and I didn't know I was UTD I might have freaked.