+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: i didnt know I was pregnant*tv show*

I watch the show daily and I dont get it either. I carried in my back but could feel baby kick through my belly and at 38 weeks there would be no way I could mistake a baby kick as gas. if I layed a can on my belly the can would move 24/7.

it just struck me as werid but for people to not know seemed ridiculous but it actually happens. least they can complain about being fat and pregnant lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok So I am only 20 weeks, and I Don''t think I have felt any big kicks yet BUT..

If I wasn't trying and watching my Periods I maintain I totally wouldn't know I was pregnant.

MS- not really more just Food Aversion.
    Food Aversion - It happens.
    Heart burn- I had gall stones ofr 13 years and Heart burn runs in the family. Nothing New about it.
    Missing Period- If wasn't charting I would be 3-4 months before i thought about it.
    Movements- Really just feeling like weird tummy cramps or digestions. I honestly wouldn't think anything about it except I Know I Should be feeling it.
    Weight Gain- I lost 22kgs last year and just stopped the diet. even now I have put on 5Kgs.. nothing unusual really.
    My tummy shape isn't noticeable to me (except when I traveled by car for 16 hours twice in a week) . Bestie (who hasn't seen me since May) and DH both say I look like maybe 3mth along.

If there is anything else you think I should have noticed by 20 weeks tell me about it... I think the only thing that rigged me the whole time (aside from No period & trying) was downing 3 cases of ginger beer in 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I worked with a girl when we were both young and she was bitten on the stomach by a spider, which obviously made her quite ill, so she was up at the hospital vomiting for a fair bit of time. She stopped getting her period, but her dr. told her that wasn't uncommon for someone who was as ill as she had been. However the spider bite kept swelling up more and more, every now and then she'd lance the bite, and a lot of gross stuff would come out, but the swelling never went away.
    Eventually, more or less when she was due, they looked into why her period hadn't returned and found out she was pregnant.
    I moved to a different job at some stage, so didn't see her first hand up to the end, but was told that she wasn't noticeably pregnant, apparently she was still in denial when she went into labour.
    A lot of people made comments that she knew full well that she was pregnant, but being a scared young girl used the spider bite as an excuse. She always seemed like a pretty honest person to me though... So I don't know

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII, please excuse any errors!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I know a few stories like this.

1. My sister didn't realised she was pregnant with number 2 until she was 6 months. She just never got her period back after number 1. Thought the weight gain was to do with finishing breastfeeding. She eventually got annoyed at not having a period and tested. Of course it was positive. Booked in for an ultrasound thinking she was 12 weeks at most, and found out she was 6 months.

2. My parents had childless friends who longed for a baby, but they were told it would never happen. They were both quite overweight, and she rarely had a period because of it. One day she spent the whole day knocking down an old watertank with a sledge hammer. When she went to bed she had a terribly sore back. DH told her to take some panadol and harden up.
    She still couldn't sleep, and eventually made him take her into the hospital. (This is a town so small that the hospital really only caters to the elderly- there is no ED so they had to ring and wake the GP to meet them there. No babies are delivered there either, they are sent 30 minutes away to a much larger town.)
    Of course, GP started having a feel around in her belly, grew suspicious and asked a few questions- lo and behold- you haven't hurt your back today, you are in labour! She was rushed to the bigger hospital where she gave birth to a bouncing baby boy. Sadly, he remains their only child as they never could achieve number 2.

3. A very young girl in the same town (about 17 or 16) was involved in a car accident. She went from being vivacious and care free to very with drawn. Her clothes went from tight fitting and bright to very loose and bland. She put on a lot of weight, and everyone including her, just thought it was to do with the accident.

Eventually, her mother couldn't stand it any longer and took her to the dr to talk about depression. Dr noticed she had put on a lot of weight in the past few months and asked if she would consent to a physical. She did, and she was told she was full term. Mother and daughter nearly fell to the floor.
    One week later, a healthy girl was born.

Do I believe all 3 of these people had no idea they were pregnant? You bet I do! Most of us know when we are pregnant because we are actively trying. We tune every part of our mind to our bodies and we know all the symptoms. Once we actually get the BFP result, we then start feeling sick, having a keen sense of smell and feeling kicks and flutters.
    If you had been told you would never have a baby, or you were in a state of depression and weren't paying close attention to your body, or you just had everything focused on your first child and you weren't thinking about yourself or your body at all, I truly believe you would miss all the big indicators of pregnancy.

And of course, it must happen often enough for a tv series to be made about it!

Thanks
    Reviews

very true. different symptoms for something else can be a pregnancy.
    I have never heard of anyone one close to me or friends of friends or even happening in the community.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    A sister of a friends friend went to hospital for a stomach ache and out popped a baby.

I can get my head around someone fat not showing but I can't get my head around how these people don't notice the kicks and the movements!???!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default i didnt know I was pregnant*tv show*

I agree, if I wasn't watching my body period wise, I wouldnt know I am pregnant. 19wks and still no kick.

I can get my head around post partum women finding out they are pregnant at over 20wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work with someone that it happened to. She was playing netball after work one day and started having bad tummy pains and ended going to hospital. Had a baby that night! Still had her periods every month and hadn't felt the baby move at all.

With DD1 I had a lot of bleeding that if I didn't know better I would have thought it was periods. Pretty much the whole way through my pregnancy. Plus I barely felt her move and had to really concentrate to feel anything. I even spoke to my OB a number of times about it. I most definately looked pregnant though.

I also know someone else that only had a tiny little bump at full term and she was very thin.

Thanks
    Reviews

There was a young woman who worked in the science labs at my high school, used to set up all the ingredients for experiments etc... She was a bigger girl, tall too and she just collapsed in the the back room during our class... She was in a fair amount of pain so they rushed her to hospital to find out she was in labour... She never knew she was UTD... Great sex education on contraception for our class!

Thanks
    Reviews

I heard through the grapevine of an acquaintance who thought she was gaining weight and had weird sensations in her stomach so she went to the do and found out she was like 5-6 mths preg. She actually went and got a late 'termination' and those of us who know actually haven't spoken to her since. She was about 20 if I recall.
    But as for me, I knew I was preg at 5 weeks cos suddenly people smelt really bad! So I tested and was positive and I can't remember doing the deed unprotected in the timeframe that it just have occurred. I had a beach ball tummy by 6 months; no neat and tidy tiny bump for me! So I reckon I would know straight up if I happened again