+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PASSPORT questions!

Hi!!

I have a overseas trip planned for early next year FOB has refused to sign the passport. I have everything booked and paid for and FOB has known we were going since May this year, He sees DS once a week for 4 hours and pays maintenance.

My question is has anyone ever gone to court to get a court order so that they can get a passport without the other parents signature? especially interested in hearing about people where the child actually has contact with the other parent.

ALso have already contacted the passport people and they have said it is extremely unlikely that I would get the approval based on the fact that he sees him and pays maintenance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

If its just a holiday and you can show you intend to return (booked flights etc) I don't see why they won't approve it? Are you going for a long trip? Also do you have anything in writing (email, text) from FOB saying he agreed to it? This could help at court. Also any info as to why he changed his mind etc. I know some one who went part way through it, started organizing but then her ex changed his mind and agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately nothing in print where he has said we could go. We are going for just under 3 weeks, just a bit concerned about getting it without his signature then him stopping us with that airport watch list thing, and it ruining our holiday anyway. Also stressed about having to go to court

I had decided it wasn't a stress I could deal with right now but I hate the fact that if I don't fight for it he is dictating what I can and cannot do which makes me see red!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Fact is, he can leave the country whenever he likes, but by not allowing your ds to have a passport, he is restricting your rights as well as the ds. Court is your only option. Either the thought of you going that far to put it before a judge intimidates him to such a degree that he signs it to save the hassle, or he has to front up the costs to fight you in court. You're obviously not planning on running away and never returning; I can't think why a magistrate would be on his side. They don't like mediating pettiness like this so should be over rather quickly

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a permit to travel. It was not difficult for me. I applied to the court and it was all very easy. I'll see if I can find it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

PurpleMumma  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SPC, I'm new on the site, but I am having problems with my Ex signing my sons passport papers too. Just wondering how you got your papers signed, was it through the courts, was it a daunting process, I'm sure my ex will make it that way. I am not a flight risk, I own my own house, have the same job for 10 years, own my car and all my family and friends are in Australia? Just wondering if anyone has some advice or help and my ex is very manipulating, sneaky and controlling. Thx

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I didn't find it difficult, just stressful because I didn't know how straightforward it would be. The court is reasonable and fair. If there is no good reason for you to be refused a passport you will be granted one. If you can get any evidence in email form that indicates he is just being a prat they will accept that. The court clerks will give you the correct paperwork and it doesn't cost much.