+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default town house or house?

House for sure. DD would go stir crazy without her yard. Kids really do need a yard, you will really notice it the older they get.

I lived in an apartment for 5 years before DD was born and was happy to see it go in the end. It was starting to get too claustrophobic. It would have been okay with a baby but not a child.
    Last edited by waterlily; 04-11-2012 at 21:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It really depends on your lifestyle. I have a house with a small backyard and we hardly ever go out there as we aren't usually home during the day, and when we are DD prefers to play out the front riding her bike, playing with the neighbours' kids etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I live in a villa... Gated complex like townhouses but somewhat bigger and each one is like a duplex. We had the choice of old house or brand new in a complex like you.
    We are not gardeners... (Though we do have two lovely decks, a natural looking garden but kids cant play in it-park just at end of street with swings etc) Hate looking after a yard etc. we have a community pool/clubhouse/BBQ area which we also don't have to look after but can use.
    I think it depends on your priorities. Living in a house-you can still have terrible noisy neighbours just like in a complex so we didn't really factor that in. But we did deliberately buy one on the end so we only have a neighbour one side.
    Anyway, we love it. It's brand new, fully air conditioned, double automatic garage, security gate, brand new appliances. Nothing to do or worry about. No upkeep on garden or pool etc. but we do pay body corporate fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

House house house!! Dh and I rented a townhouse before we bought our house and we had the worst neighbours! We could hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING! I had enough when they started to play music to try and drown themselves out but it just made them louder! Gross ... I vowed I would never ever ever share a wall with anyone ever again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: town house or house?

i go to my friends house alot and never hear the ppl next door.. ill have to ask het about it. ds also goes to his grandparents twice a week while i work and they have a big yard. he has kindy one day and swimming another maybe if i.put him into one more sport it will be better.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub