+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    I was at a wedding yesterday where the celebrant actually asked before the whole thing started that it was a wish of the bride and groom that no one uploads anything to FB before they start doing so themselves.

I thought it was a bit weird, because who would be so bad-mannered as to do that anyway? But, apparently, people do!
    yep...ihave been to a wedding where this was mentioned too!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

I disabled my facebook wall etc before DS2 was born. I'm really glad I did because I had a long awful complicated labour and delivery with him. Hubby was the first person to post a pic.

However I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I was the first person to post a pic of my friends DS on facebook because she asked me to. I ended up getting abused by one of my friends other friends saying it was rude of me when I was only doing what my friend asked me to do.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    I find it interesting that this is discussing both the couples right to upload their own wedding pics first and pics of other peoples children..

My niece in law was flower girl at my wedding, on SILs/MILs request.. then when I uploaded my wedding pics, they both were overly upset with me and told me to take down my wedding photos as she was featured in some of them.. One of them refused to speak to me..Was that rude of me? I always felt ****y about it as I felt I should have been entitled to show my wedding pics and it was their request to make her flower girl knowing that pictures would obviously be taken. Had I of known it would give them rights to tell me what to do with my own pics I wouldnt have given her the role..

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I think your family was totally unreasonable. What do they expect when they wanted your niece in law to be involved? Of course photos were to be taken. How immature for them to not speak to you because of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    New baby - why do I care that your friend had a baby? Unless it's your baby, your niece/nephew or sibling do your 300 facebook friends that don't even know the mother of the baby need to see your neighbour's newborn? Posting congratulations etc before an announcement is just rude.

Weddings - if you posted a whole wedding album of the bride and groom, I would think that's just creepy. If you posted a whole album of you and your 10 friends at another friends wedding that were just all group shots with the occasional "OMG check out the cake/table decorations/ceremony" photo, than that's just an album of you and your friends looking pretty and having a fun at a party that just happened to be at someone's wedding.

Also I don't know how long you guys wait for the professional photos, but we've been waiting 6 months for the professional photos from my cousin's wedding so the only photos that she personally has posted on facebook have been a couple of shots that I took at the reception of her and husband that I emailed to her. The only photos I posted to FB were a few of me and her with some other cousins which look any old family group photo but she just happens to be in a white dress.

Thanks
    Reviews

DP's brother announced our son before we had a chance to. As it's DP's first bio child and our first son we were absolutely furious. Just because it's Facebook doesn't make it acceptable. Big new like babies, weddings and deaths should not be announced until the people involved have done what they want/need to unless they have specifically requested that a 3rd party do it instead. I find it incredibly rude and would immediately phone the person who did it and tear them a new one (DP handled his brother as it was literally 15 mins after I gave birth)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aroha0509 For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm amazed that you feel your rights as a bride outweigh a little girls and her families right to privacy. How disapoointing it would have been for that girl to find out she was excluded from your wedding because her family felt, as a child, not on facebook she has a right to privacy. There would have been lots of photos without her you could have put up.

I think the not talking to you is an over reaction to an avoidable situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    I find it interesting that this is discussing both the couples right to upload their own wedding pics first and pics of other peoples children..

My niece in law was flower girl at my wedding, on SILs/MILs request.. then when I uploaded my wedding pics, they both were overly upset with me and told me to take down my wedding photos as she was featured in some of them.. One of them refused to speak to me..Was that rude of me? I always felt ****y about it as I felt I should have been entitled to show my wedding pics and it was their request to make her flower girl knowing that pictures would obviously be taken. Had I of known it would give them rights to tell me what to do with my own pics I wouldnt have given her the role..

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exactly does you not being the first to announce your baby on stupid facebook take away from the joy of having a child?

Honestly?

Presumably you were the first to announce the baby to someone, or else no one would know. So why the flip does what 800 of your closest friends do or say matter?

This is a collective 'you' by the way. No one specific in mind.

I just dont get it? Which is why im not on it I guess. I honestly could not care who said what to whom after mine was born.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    How exactly does you not being the first to announce your baby on stupid facebook take away from the joy of having a child?

Honestly?

Presumably you were the first to announce the baby to someone, or else no one would know. So why the flip does what 800 of your closest friends do or say matter?

This is a collective 'you' by the way. No one specific in mind.

I just dont get it? Which is why im not on it I guess. I honestly could not care who said what to whom after mine was born.

Thanks
    Reviews

What about when someone announces the sex of your baby on your wall you were trying to keep secret. mmm not happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    What about when someone announces the sex of your baby on your wall you were trying to keep secret. mmm not happy.
    Some nard would blab to someone else in real life anyway! If its really a secret then dont tell anyone!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (06-11-2012),saxonrose  (07-11-2012)