+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be upset if someone posted baby pictures or announcements before I did. Wedding pics - no, I don't think I'd mind - as long as they were flattering...

I think there is a bit of a 'code of conduct' with Facebook, and most people stick to it. Just a few that seem unaware or don't care.

I would put photos of someone else's child on Facebook IF I knew that person (was friends with them), AND they put lots of photos of said child up too. If I was friends with someone who hadn't put any child pics up, or if I didn't know them very well, then I wouldn't do it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

meatpopsicle  (05-11-2012),NancyBlackett  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

I asked everyone on my friends list to respect that we wanted to make the Facebook announcement ourselves and not to post anything before us. And no one did so I was very happy.

I just had this with my sister though - she got engaged today (and I'm stoked) but while I want to shout my excitement it's not my news to tell so I wouldn't put anything on my Facebook until she does. But she actually messaged me after she rang with the news just to ask me not to, and saying she might put it on tomorrow herself but just wants to ring etc herself first.

Thanks
    Reviews

I find it's always the same rude pole who do this. So I don't agree that it's part of fb package, as theses ppl would find another way to be their kill-joy selves!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

First baby picture, yes rude. I'd like to do that.
    Wedding pictures, not rude. I quite liked seeing everyones photos of my wedding as they trickled in via Facebook. Nice to see how it looked since we wouldn't have our professional ones for awhile.

Weddings are almost an open kind of event, so many ppl and you know they all bring cameras. A birth is a private thing IMO. Shouldn't b to hard to police as I won't be inviting a horde of ppl to my delivery to take photos!!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews

I disabled people being able to write on my wall, tag me, or photos of me the week before DS was due, and reinstated my settings after we were home and settled, and we announced ourselves . I wouldn't be impressed if someone introduced our new child before we had a chance to call / message our family & friends! I think weddings are different, but I'd be inclined to ask first

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    I find it's always the same rude pole who do this. So I don't agree that it's part of fb package, as theses ppl would find another way to be their kill-joy selves!

This! I have a former friend who would tell all & sundry everyone else's good news. After I found out I was having twins, the next few weeks were filled with 'I told this person & they said to say...' It's part of the reason we're no longer friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My sister announced in fb that our niece was in labour. I mean... Seriously?? I told her to remove it. It was not her news and she got it once mentioned it. Luckily my niece never found out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wedding i don't see a issue unless the bride and groom ask everyone not too.

A baby Hell no that is rude.

What I did with my last bub is asked the midwife to take a photo as soon as he was born and send it to DD1. I got text straight back saying " yep he is cute but can I have a friend friendly photo so i can show my friends" The midwife took one off me naked We are a private family. So then we took a mummy and daddy shoot sent it to her with is this ok and announced it on fb. So before hubby went home, it was up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Look I can see why parents of a new baby might like to post the first photos of their baby but, really, if they didn't want photos posted by others they can easily say so when visitors take photos.

And as for weddings, I'd be stoked as a bride if I woke up the day after my wedding to find photos already posted.
    This

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The difference is that in years gone past, if others had a pic if your baby, it'd only be shared with a few people, now with a couple of shares its around the world.

I took pics of a friends wedding recently and knowing she didn't have a photographer she wanted them taken and sent to her. I then found it rude when a friend of mine shared that pic to her wall. I had it open to friends which apparently meant its now open to a lot more people.

We've lost a lot of the control over "our" property once we put it out there before social media this wasn't an issue so would never have had to tell anyone not to show the pic, as they had control over who saw it