Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    First photos of baby is rude.

Weddings are a free for all as the bride/groom won't have time to put them up for ages.
    Such a personal and intimate event though...
    I told my gfs not to post any pic of our wedding on FB. It's about DH and I making a commitment for life, about our close friends and families, so not really into sharing it to a public website.

I have always only sent any pics I have of the bride and/or groom to them. Up to them to do whatever they like with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Seriously, when you invite people to hospital to see the baby you have to say "please don't post any photos on Facebook"?? I just find this hilarious. I loathe Facebook for this and many reasons. It seems si many people don't know how to be private anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

yes Sonja how ridiculous?!
    I don't think I will let ppl take my bubs in pic when he arrives anyway. Problem solved!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I was at a wedding yesterday where the celebrant actually asked before the whole thing started that it was a wish of the bride and groom that no one uploads anything to FB before they start doing so themselves.

I thought it was a bit weird, because who would be so bad-mannered as to do that anyway? But, apparently, people do!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Not really. If you attended the wedding and took photos then what's the problem with uploading your own photos on fb?
    Its not like the the wedding was a secret.
    As for the baby if you allow a person to take photos of your baby then surely they can upload those photos. Unless the baby is a secret or something.
    Its just not an issue for me.
    Maybe if you find it rude ask people not to upload photos of you on fb?
    This! I don't see the big deal? I am not having anyone at my birth so photos will be revealed when ready to family & friends etc but weddings I think that's silly!! Everyone wants to say 'Hey look how glamorous my friend looked I was so happy to be involved in that day' etc!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    yes Sonja how ridiculous?!
    I don't think I will let ppl take my bubs in pic when he arrives anyway. Problem solved!
    To be honest the only thing that would bother me was that it was Facebook. I personally feel hospital time is for immediate family only and don't have anyone visit who is likely to do something like that.

I should also add given I'm not on Facebook I'd never know if anyone did that..
    Last edited by Sonja; 04-11-2012 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I must be weird. I'd love it if someone was so excited to be a part of a special event in my life that they wanted to share it on FB.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (05-11-2012),Pina Colada  (06-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

yeah I value my privacy more than the idea of friends' friends' friend watching my private events...

But again each to their own - just better be safe that your friends are happy with you sharing these pics on a public website
    I think it's common courtesy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I think it's very rude. I have never posted any photos from other peoples wedding before they have posted some themselves. No one i knew had Facebook when I got married so I didn't have to worry about it.

I would also be quite upset if someone had posted a photo of DS when he was born before we did. Or announced it on FB. Not that anyone got the chance..once I had come back from recovery I was posting our announcement with a photo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If someone posted photos of my babies before me yes I would be annoyed, but people did post photos of my wedding and I was stoked! I hadn't seen any photos the day after so was keen to see pics especially those of guests photographer and family couldn't get.