+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It's part and parcel of being on facebook.
    No. what if you are not on Facebook and want to do the big announcements yourselves. what if, like me, have said people can take photos but please don't put on Facebook and they do.

It may be part and parcel of being on Facebook for you but not everyone holds that view and I wish to heck that people would wake up and realise that not everyone is a Facebook slave.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

I don't think so. When I was a bride and when I had just given birth, putting photos on Facebook were the last thing on my mind. I don't care that others put photos of me or baby up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Oh, and I do not tag people in photos, and I have tagging turned off do I don't think others can see it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    No. what if you are not on Facebook and want to do the big announcements yourselves. what if, like me, have said people can take photos but please don't put on Facebook and they do.

It may be part and parcel of being on Facebook for you but not everyone holds that view and I wish to heck that people would wake up and realise that not everyone is a Facebook slave.

I'm not on facebook because you can't control this sort of stuff. You can ask and if people still put it on, it's rude but the very nature of facebook is that people do this and if you don't like it then get off it.

Thanks
    Reviews

My sisters best friend posted pics of my wedding ceremony on Facebook before we had even gotten to my reception. She wasn't invited and had just come for a sticky beak (which was fine). I was too excited to care! BUT the next morning I woke up & my new SIL had given my husbands ex wife pictures because the kids were in them and she had put them on Facebook. I had not even seen the photos yet. I was less than impressed with my SIL. So when my due date came around I blocked my wall so nobody but me could post on it until I had announced bub's birth myself. This gave me time to call & txt all the important family etc first Problem solved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with janesmum123. If you find that sort of thing rude then don't be on Facebook.
    Also aside from Facebook if someone took a picture of your new bub on their phone then physically showed it to someone else before you did is that rude too? It's the Same thing in my opinion.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (04-11-2012),saxonrose  (07-11-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

I think people should have more respect. And I do think its rude. There's something's that I think the people who are directly involved should get the first say in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's really hard. I have gone on and off facebook for all these reasons mentioned. I struggle with it but seem to love it at the same time!
    Last edited by acerbaby; 04-11-2012 at 16:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's polite to ask, but not necessarily impolite to post photos first... if you've already been given the go-ahead by the bride/groom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I agree with janesmum123. If you find that sort of thing rude then don't be on Facebook.
    Also aside from Facebook if someone took a picture of your new bub on their phone then physically showed it to someone else before you did is that rude too? It's the Same thing in my opinion.
    Its similar but not the same because Facebook is about the masses. It would take a very long time to tell as many people in person. Why not wait a few days or get permission first. Unless the person posting is just after the attention intended for someone else.

To be clear though, I don't mind people posting general everyday photos. Its really just the new births and special announcements that really get me upset and angry. most people have learnt to ask if we mind this photo or that photo being posted. But some people are so blinded by that big blue f they forget about being respectful to the new parents, recently bereaved or those that don't want to be part of the Facebook phenomenon in any way at all including having special private moments sabotaged.