+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    No I understand it's just not rude to me.
    If someone attended your wedding and then uploaded photos the next day it's just not a big deal to me. I think people would have known about the wedding.
    Im not fussed that's all.
    It's just fb which isnt a big deal to me it's not like I would have a million dollar deal with New Idea for exclusive wedding pics.
    It's someones personal wall they can upload what they want.
    If it was a big deal tto me I would just ask people not to post them.
    It's kind of the same as taking photos of someone else's children and then posting them all over Facebook (when you post to your wall, chances are all your friends and usually friends of friends if tagging is involved, can see them).... THAT is just not on. I would never post photos of other ppls kids without asking first.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (04-11-2012),twotrunks  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    First photos of baby is rude.

Weddings are a free for all as the bride/groom won't have time to put them up for ages.
    I was very angry someone put photos of our brand new dd2 up before checking with us first.

I find other rude 3Rd party postings include:
    Death notices and condolences unless it is common knowledge and family are aware and have posted first.
    Birth notices and naming baby before the parents get a chance to announce it publicly.
    Major celebrations that are Facebook invitations only.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's part and parcel of being on facebook.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (04-11-2012),MoonMoon  (04-11-2012),PR2bMum  (04-11-2012),shelle65  (05-11-2012),squirrelex  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to agree with Janesmum. If you've let the people in question photograph you or your kid then unless you specifically tell them what not to do with the photos then thats that really.

This is one of the many things I dont like about facebook, you have almost zero control over your own image.

Although it must be said, I find facebook fantastically stupid in a general sense because this is the kind of ridonkulous thing people get upset about.

Sorry, not trying to be rude. And im sure the people posting the photos weren't trying to be rude either. They probably just did what facebook people do and went ooh photos! Ill put them on facebook! and didn't think anything more of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

babyla  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

Yes I also find it rude!!
    I had something like this happen to me when I had my dd3!!
    I had a booked c section and the only ppl who knew when it was booked for was my close immediate family!!
    My mum was at work when I had her and my partner texted her as soon as she was born!! My cousin was with my mum so she found out too!!
    Well after 2 long hours in recovery I finally was able to reveal to everyone that she had been born BUT logged into Facebook too see a big congrats from her on my wall to which everyone else had seen ;( and the. Also started with them!!
    So my announcement basically didnt matter ;(
    I was so upset and disappointed!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemma87 For This Useful Post:

Aroha0509  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I have to agree with Janesmum. If you've let the people in question photograph you or your kid then unless you specifically tell them what not to do with the photos then thats that really.

This is one of the many things I dont like about facebook, you have almost zero control over your own image.

Although it must be said, I find facebook fantastically stupid in a general sense because this is the kind of ridonkulous thing people get upset about.

Sorry, not trying to be rude. And im sure the people posting the photos weren't trying to be rude either. They probably just did what facebook people do and went ooh photos! Ill put them on facebook! and didn't think anything more of it.
    Exactly. On facebook your news becomes collective property. That's one of many reasons I don't use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    It's kind of the same as taking photos of someone else's children and then posting them all over Facebook (when you post to your wall, chances are all your friends and usually friends of friends if tagging is involved, can see them).... THAT is just not on. I would never post photos of other ppls kids without asking first.
    Thats fine it's what you are comfortable with.
    For my circle of friends it's fine, it has never been an issue.
    I would not post photos of people's kids I barely knew but if I'm close to the person I would put them up.
    I wouldn't have people on fb I don't trust or am uncomfortable if they see my kids.

Im just answering the question that I don't find it rude. Like if my kids attended their friends birthday party (and I'm close to the parents) I would put the photos up on fb.

Just comes down to what works for you and how you are with the people close to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    Yes I also find it rude!!
    I had something like this happen to me when I had my dd3!!
    I had a booked c section and the only ppl who knew when it was booked for was my close immediate family!!
    My mum was at work when I had her and my partner texted her as soon as she was born!! My cousin was with my mum so she found out too!!
    Well after 2 long hours in recovery I finally was able to reveal to everyone that she had been born BUT logged into Facebook too see a big congrats from her on my wall to which everyone else had seen ;( and the. Also started with them!!
    So my announcement basically didnt matter ;(
    I was so upset and disappointed!!
    This is exactly the reason I deactivated my facebook account the morning I was being induced. I haven't been on it or missed it since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Exactly. On facebook your news becomes collective property. That's one of many reasons I don't use it.
    Me too! High fives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Me too! High fives!