+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is exceptionally rude - some people uploading photos 15 minutes after the ceremony! I don't have a problem if its of them and their friends at a wedding, but I do when they upload photos exclusively of the bride and groom! They have hired a photographer for goodness sake - I'm pretty sure those are the photos of them specifically that they are king to share, not the dodgy over the shoulder shot taken by an attention seeker that shows the bride with a double chin and the groom half blinking.

People should use some common sense. As someone who doesn't like posting photos of myself or loved ones on the Internet or Facebook, why does me getting married entitle others to upload photos of *me* on *their* Facebook account??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EchoSummers For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Etiquette - facebook photos

Quote Originally Posted by catrules View Post
    That's a nice story and a good reason to have the photo.
    I was more getting at the ppl who take them and have a bit of a giggle then years later put them up on a board at your 21st! Its not fair to the kid who had no say in having their pic taken naked! I always cringe when I see those pics at 21st!
    That's true. I don't see babies first bath as embarrassing type photo.

Though.... I must admit.... I have a photo of jasper holding a giant (to him) colourful umbrella in our backyard and all you can see is his bum and legs.

Not sure why he did it but it started raining so he ripped off his clothes and grabbed the umbrella and ran outside and if I do do some 21st photos I probably would include that. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

My sil shared photos of katelyn via sms to dfs family and extended family before we had a chance to tell them. Like I'd not spoken to my dad or brother yet. It was a few hours after a very long labour she smsed can she have a pic, I sent one, I really didn't think it didn't go without saying not to send that photo around. It very much felt like she was trying to get in first.

Not facebook. But not appropriate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Etiquette - facebook photos

I have plenty of '21st' style photos of my kids. I love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am 40 and I love my baby bath pic's. My favorite photo of ds2 when he was a newborn was his 1st bath. DD1 is 18 and she loves the photo of her in just bright red lippy (all over her face) and her daddy's work boots. She was 14 mths at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think the problem here is facebook is a new part of society, and not yet considered in plans/discussions where photos are taken. It's an interesting sociological aspect to ponder how we as a large group and individuals reacted when photography itself came about..

I wonder how many ettiquette debates would have been had about whether it was ok or not to even be in a photo/take a photo of someone?

Facebook needs to develop into standard discussion when planning things like babies/weddings, because I can see clearly here that not everyone agrees or is on the same page at all, and thats not a bad thing, but surely cause to agree on the individuals involved ideas of ettiquette prior to an event..

In my case I was not so much upset by my MIL/SIL not wanting pics of my niece on fb (which btw is only visable to my friends list and contains family members who could not be there on the day) but more so the fact that it was not mentioned/discussed beforehand, which ended in her being in most of my photos.. the important photos (exchange of vowels/rings, proffesional photos) Things I was wanting to share openly with my privately set fb containing those friends and relatives..

It was also more about their reaction to me uploading the wedding pics, because A. They wanted her to be in the bridal party B. In most of the photos and C. Knew I had relatives/friends that couldnt attend..

The reaction.. I thought was unreasonable.. Had they pulled me aside and mentioned that they didnt like it and could I please take down the photos with her in them I might have been dissapointed but more able to see how it was an undiscussed and unfortunate for me but neccesary in considering thier wishes... but they instead spoke badly of me behind my back and SIL refused to talk to me saying I had deliberately disrespected her.. too far and no consideration to the fact that it was mine and my husbands wedding day we now werent allowed to share.

I still pulled them down, of course, because of course I can see the point, leaving me with around 4-5 photos left to share.. but my point is had it have been discussed before we could have arranged more photos without her in them that I couldve shared.. and if they had still insisted that she be in nearly all of the then I think yes I would have the right to refuse that. Not their fault that they didnt mention nor mine but obviously something that should have happened, and should become the norm.. and certainly unfair to me to be treated how I was for wanting to share my wedding photos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubH

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    I think the problem here is facebook is a new part of society, and not yet considered in plans/discussions where photos are taken. It's an interesting sociological aspect to ponder how we as a large group and individuals reacted when photography itself came about..

I wonder how many ettiquette debates would have been had about whether it was ok or not to even be in a photo/take a photo of someone?

Facebook needs to develop into standard discussion when planning things like babies/weddings, because I can see clearly here that not everyone agrees or is on the same page at all, and thats not a bad thing, but surely cause to agree on the individuals involved ideas of ettiquette prior to an event..

In my case I was not so much upset by my MIL/SIL not wanting pics of my niece on fb (which btw is only visable to my friends list and contains family members who could not be there on the day) but more so the fact that it was not mentioned/discussed beforehand, which ended in her being in most of my photos.. the important photos (exchange of vowels/rings, proffesional photos) Things I was wanting to share openly with my privately set fb containing those friends and relatives..

It was also more about their reaction to me uploading the wedding pics, because A. They wanted her to be in the bridal party B. In most of the photos and C. Knew I had relatives/friends that couldnt attend..

The reaction.. I thought was unreasonable.. Had they pulled me aside and mentioned that they didnt like it and could I please take down the photos with her in them I might have been dissapointed but more able to see how it was an undiscussed and unfortunate for me but neccesary in considering thier wishes... but they instead spoke badly of me behind my back and SIL refused to talk to me saying I had deliberately disrespected her.. too far and no consideration to the fact that it was mine and my husbands wedding day we now werent allowed to share.

I still pulled them down, of course, because of course I can see the point, leaving me with around 4-5 photos left to share.. but my point is had it have been discussed before we could have arranged more photos without her in them that I couldve shared.. and if they had still insisted that she be in nearly all of the then I think yes I would have the right to refuse that. Not their fault that they didnt mention nor mine but obviously something that should have happened, and should become the norm.. and certainly unfair to me to be treated how I was for wanting to share my wedding photos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubH
    I agree with you completely on this one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally agree Kip. Jasper was in a wedding party I expected he'd be photographed by their photographer and by their friends and family. We joked he was the most photographed person at the wedding because who doesn't love a blue eyed, blond, smiley chubby toddler in a suit doing very toddlery things but dressed like a little man.

If I'd not wanted his photo taken and shared amongst friends and family I'd not have let him be in the bridal party.

I think attending a wedding, birthday, play date etc it's maybe something that should be discussed but if your child is in someone else's bridal party unless you say so ahead of time I think it's fair for the bride and groom to assume they can do what they wish with the photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Totally agree Kip. Jasper was in a wedding party I expected he'd be photographed by their photographer and by their friends and family. We joked he was the most photographed person at the wedding because who doesn't love a blue eyed, blond, smiley chubby toddler in a suit doing very toddlery things but dressed like a little man.

If I'd not wanted his photo taken and shared amongst friends and family I'd not have let him be in the bridal party.

I think attending a wedding, birthday, play date etc it's maybe something that should be discussed but if your child is in someone else's bridal party unless you say so ahead of time I think it's fair for the bride and groom to assume they can do what they wish with the photos.

I agree

I taken photo's down because once they were up on my computer I noticed a child in the background and I hadn't asked their parents. Being in a bridal party is a whole other story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a family member who doesn't like her kids being in photos on FB. I asked her kids to swap spots when doing cakes at birthdays so I could still share the photos of my kid 'blowing' their candles out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (07-11-2012)