+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, it's silly.

It's hardly like they have sentimental value and they were only worth $10.

He cleaned out the garage, good. Move on.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Am I being silly?

I think you're being a bit silly, but I think it was really weird and silly of him to send it to his parent's. Why not just take them to the bottle collection place in the first place, if he was moving them out of the garage. If someone gave me a bag of bottles I then had to dispose of myself I'd be pretty annoyed with them, really just buy me some chocolates instead if you want to give me something!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think his behaviour was a bit odd. It would be different if he was living there too, but to take a bag of bottles from someone's house without asking, to give to your parents for the recycle money. Yeah, I think thats rude and weird.

If he'd been cleaning and threw them out, thinking he was doing you a favour - whoops, but no problem. Deliberately taking your collection to give to his folks? Rude, and rather odd.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-11-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it is still bothering you OP, call his parents and ask for your bag of cans back if it is really that important.

OR just ask him for the $10, put 5 each in the kids piggy banks and never let him clean anything again or never get angry if he never offers again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Am I being silly?

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    If it is still bothering you OP, call his parents and ask for your bag of cans back if it is really that important.

OR just ask him for the $10, put 5 each in the kids piggy banks and never let him clean anything again or never get angry if he never offers again.
    It's not bothering me anymore I just think it wouldv been more considerate if he had of asked me before taking them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have piles of bags of rubbish under the house that need to go to the dump or the op shops. I can only dream of the day that my partner is motivated enough to take them, so I wouldn't discourage him from removing a bag of bottles that only had a nominal value. Life is too short to worry about $5.