+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Am I being silly?

Dp tidied up my garage the other day (long story short, we aren't living together just yet) and he took all the bottles I had collected (in SA we get 10c per bottle back when we take them to a bottle place) which was about a garbage bag full, and took them to his parents! Now I'm a little ****ed cos he didn't even ask me, he just did it! I was planning to give the kids whatever money I got back to put in their money jars! Am I being silly that I'm so ****ed as it wouldn't have been that much anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe a little yes. Sounds like he was trying to do a nice thing by tidying the garage. I doubt he's trying to stooge you out of a few dollars but just trying to clear out your garage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

babycake  (04-11-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Maybe a little yes. Sounds like he was trying to do a nice thing by tidying the garage. I doubt he's trying to stooge you out of a few dollars but just trying to clear out your garage.
    I agree. I wouldnt scold him for this or he might never clean again and use the excuse "I might throw out something you want".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Am I being silly?

Maybe he didn't realise you were collecting them for money and maybe his parents were and maybe he thought he was doing you a favour. Regardless I would still be upset if my DP threw stuff like that out. I would ask him where the bag was cos you had more to add to it and the kids will be so excited when they get the cash refund from the bottles. really though a simple "are you collecting these" is all he would have needed to say.

Now all is said and done maybe just explain in a gentle, just in passing way that you have been collecting them for the kids. Otherwise as pp said he may never want to help voluntarily again.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be peeved too!! He obviously knew their value, or he would have just chucked them in the bin. You must have spent a lot of time collecting the bottles and you put a lot of ongoing thought into your children's coin jar money. I think you have every right to feel a little crabby.

Thanks
    Reviews

He knows I collect them otherwise I wouldn't be putting them in a bag in the garage! His reason was 'by the time we get around to taking them to the bottleo, you prob only get $10, so I took em to mums cos they have helped us out a lot'! Guess my collecting starts again and this time they won't go to someone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I'd be kinda peeved, it's a little thing yes, but he could have asked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Edit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    He knows I collect them otherwise I wouldn't be putting them in a bag in the garage! His reason was 'by the time we get around to taking them to the bottleo, you prob only get $10, so I took em to mums cos they have helped us out a lot'! Guess my collecting starts again and this time they won't go to someone else!
    Oooh. Consdering this I would be absolutley pi$$ed. He knew you were collecting them for $ and gave them to his parents anyway. Sounds very controlling..... Nip this in the bud otherwise he will only get worse.

I'd ask him for the $10 for the kids piggybanks and then restrict his involvement in your household issues until he can be trusted.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a similar incident with my DP , he was clearing the garage out & it was super hot that day & I wasn't keen on standing outside picking and helping, long story short he threw out my stereo system that was perfectly fine but a little old , because I didn't tell him to keep it because I didn't look at the pile of stuff properly , I was sooo upset when I found out he threw it out but - hey I didn't help him & he did check first I was just sooo over going through it all !!!! My bad