+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    At the end of the day this is what it comes down yo. Unless, as VicPark suggested, he has a mental illness (and I Fo know of someone with depression who behaves like this when he goes off his meds) then I'd guess he just didn't want to be part of it for whatever reason.

Not much you can do really, just never expect anything from him and you wont be disappointed.
    I think that's really how we are all going to be taking him from now on. But you know, if you don't want to go, just say so.. don't wait an hour before your meant to be picked up at the airport to back out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: My Dad is a Selfish Git

Hi OP.
    It seriously looks like I could have written your post... My dad has been disowned by me, until he starts treating me like his daughter, as opposed to his car being more previous and important than me.

Hugs to you and your sister. In the end, just so long as she is happy with her new DH, sc**w what everyone else thinks/thought.

When it comes to the money, just make sure you don't hold your breath in the future... Don't ask him for anything and when he offers something pretend its not an offer till its in your hot little hand. That's where I'm at with my dad.

I'm sorry to here that there are more selfish gits out there than I originally thought... Hope it all gets better for you and your sister

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Hi OP.
    It seriously looks like I could have written your post... My dad has been disowned by me, until he starts treating me like his daughter, as opposed to his car being more previous and important than me.

Hugs to you and your sister. In the end, just so long as she is happy with her new DH, sc**w what everyone else thinks/thought.

When it comes to the money, just make sure you don't hold your breath in the future... Don't ask him for anything and when he offers something pretend its not an offer till its in your hot little hand. That's where I'm at with my dad.

I'm sorry to here that there are more selfish gits out there than I originally thought... Hope it all gets better for you and your sister

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    After DH and I got married, my relationship with my Dad has been, I'll see you after I see Mum, that way they both get to see us without you know "YOU SEE YOUR MOTHER/FATHER MORE THEN ME"
    Since having the boys, I only really see him to let him see his grandkids. He maybe a selfish git, but he is great with the kids.

My Sister sadly had high hopes, despite his messing about. I think deep down, she was desperate to have her family there to see her get married. As family as we were taught were a great deal.
    My Dad's biggest reason I think, was the fact the wedding was in Canberra and not Melbourne. He spent most of the time trying to convince my sister to get married down here. Why would she? she doesn't live in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. What a jerk. I'm feel so bad for your sister :/