+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby movements

Hello
    i am sure this has been asked before but I would love to hear all your responses. I am 24 weeks pregnant. The placenta is anterior so I have felt movements late and they have been every now and then, not constant.
    I feel the movements really low like above undies line. I thought by now it'd be closer to the belly button or at least a bit higher?
    i know all is well with bub and that the anterior placenta acts like a big cushion and minimizes the feelings. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby movements

I also have an anterior placenta and didn't start feeling movements up high till later on. Most of my initial movements were felt around my navel area or lower

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leahmaree For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (03-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah mine is just so low! Miles off navel. Maybe it's the toes tapping!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby movements

Hmm this topic interests me. I am 24 weeks too and have felt limited movements. Jellybean was very active for week 22, then for all of week 23 I didn't feel a thing. I went to get checked out last night just to ease my concern and the midwife said that jellybean was just right back and low, hence why I couldn't feel anything...
    I also have only felt movements during that one week very very low...
    When was it picked up about the anterior placenta for you? I'm wondering if its something that can be easily missed...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby movements

Also anterior placenta and the same experience as you.
    However. Since about 28 weeks onwards, and especially now at 36 weeks I feel her a lot!!! So much that the kicking/punching/rolling brings tears my eyes!!!!
    Early on I'd have days where I felt nothing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby movements

I knew about mine at my 12 week ultrasound

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling quite 'limited' movement. 23 weeks tomorrow and any movement I have felt has been low, none of it as high as my belly button. OB said my placenta is not anterior and it's not unusual to not feel much movement.

My morph scan was fine and heart beat has been fine at all check ups. It can be so many things, where baby is laying, how distracted I am with 'life' (i.e.: work, or other kids etc). The times I feel movement are when laying in bed in the early morning or on the couch or in bed at night, obviously when I'm most relaxed and least distracted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 25 weeks and most of my movements are low.....so low it feels like I'm being kicked in the vagina haha I know baby has her feet wedged down low so it would be that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    Hmm this topic interests me. I am 24 weeks too and have felt limited movements. Jellybean was very active for week 22, then for all of week 23 I didn't feel a thing. I went to get checked out last night just to ease my concern and the midwife said that jellybean was just right back and low, hence why I couldn't feel anything...
    I also have only felt movements during that one week very very low...
    When was it picked up about the anterior placenta for you? I'm wondering if its something that can be easily missed...?
    I found out at the 19 week scan. It has no other implications, that I know of, other than lessing the feelings. I wouldn't worry because I also go ages without feelings anything and I also believe that most of my movements happen at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of my bubs had anterior placentas but they had very different movements. Ds was very active all of the time and I felt him moving non stop from about 18 weeks. I could push his bottom gently and he would roll. Dd on the other hand was a lazy wee thing and rarely moved. Even between 30w and full term she did nothing and if I pushed her bottom she would not respond at all! In ultrasounds she would move her head from side to side but little else. It did worry me a bit until my mw said that as long as the babies own pattern doesn't change then things would be ok.