+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I used some of the stuff people didn't!

Used a baby bath and change table often. Used mittens, as DD would attack her face with her nails when she was tired as a newborn. It meant she remained a cute little baby, not some scratched-up scarred freak (well, that's a bit extreme, but you know what I mean... lol). Also loved my breastpump when my milk came in. I had decided not to buy one... until that lovely engorged, painful moment when I filled up with milk. It was amazing then.

What I didn't use though? The expensive nappy-wrapper bin. Cartidges are overpriced, and it was a PITA that didn't really do much to hide smells anyway. No point. Took the top off and just used it as a regular bin... lol. Could ahve saved a lot of money if I'd just purchased a regular bin instead.

Also the million baby oils and baby powders people gave me. Total waste of money - I don't know why anyone gives you these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Things you never ended up using with your first!

Had heaps of beanies and mittens - I used a few of the beanies but never bothered with mittens. She was a winter baby and was wrapped most of the time anyway.

Someone gave us a second hand jolly jumper and it never came out of the bag. Frilly/hand-wash only clothes never got used.

I used the baby bath until she could sit up on her own easily the switched to the normal bath. I still use the change table, it always amazes me when people say they don't use them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Things you never ended up using with your first!

I only brought one thing i never used (nappy wrapper)
    And one thing i used once was his basinette

i never used the baby bath but til he toilet trained i loved the change table still at 2 1/2,

I never used knitted bootie things,
    I rarely used the 4 0 clothes (ds fit in 4 0 for months but i love onesies

I barely used his cot pmsl (i used a safe n secure sleeper on my bed til he was 5 months old then he mostly slept in my bed.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I didn't use heaps of stuff!
    I bought one of those expensive sleep monitors, never used it as he slept next to us then in bed with us! Never used the portacot or baby monitor and I bought an electric breast pump but ended up hiring the one the hospital had!
    I still use my changeable , the bath we used for maybe 6 weeks , I had so many wraps but he lived in the wrap me ups!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Baby carrier (just found it too uncomfortable), manual breast pump (hurt my hand too much so I bought an electric one), expensive 3 wheeler jogger (was too big for my car boot, had to remove wheels for it to fit, so when he was about 8 months I bought a stroller), walker, jolly jumper, a full box of newborn nappies and heaps of newborn clothes as I stocked up on way too many, musical potty (he preferred using the toilet with a child seat), car bottle warmer (found out after buying that the thing takes 10 minutes to warm up, so never bothered!)
    Last edited by ~ElectricPink~; 03-11-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    baby bjorn carrier...wtf is the go with those contraptions....

two piece suits/outfits

baby socks

jolly jumper

'itzbeen' reminder device thingy

baby oil

big bulk box of huggies wipes...gave my dS a red bum.

bepanthan nappy rash cream..useless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been lucky that everything (except the car seats and cot) were hand me downs. I didn't use the nappy bin, the swaddle me wraps, most of the clothes (had been given way too many), baby bath, change table (scared the kids would fall off!), play pen, portacot (wrestling it up was too much of a hassle), the breast pump (couldn't express enough for a decent feed). So glad I didn't spend the money on these things!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its funny reading the stuff people didnt use that I used ALOT!

Thanks
    Reviews

Baby monitor hasn't been used once. Other things that were rarely used were mitten, beanies, shoes (until they walk there's no need). Portacot has only used twice but guess that's one of those things you still need in case. Baby bjorn, baby bath, bassinet were all redundant after a month or 2.

One thing that I had heaps of and didn't use once were bags and bags of knitted stuff which people gave to me. I just don't like the idea of knitted clothes and ended up giving it to Diabeties op shop.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and the few 00000 jumpsuits I bought, DS never fit into them