+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Karicare Gold - short supply?

I've been to 6 stores in Melbourne and haven't had any luck finding the stage 1 karicare gold. Anyone else had trouble? One shopkeeper said they had issues from the supplier but wouldn't go into any detail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Holly I was after the Karicare HA Gold (mine was a bit sensitive to dairy and heard it was good for that issue) which I haven't seen on shelves. Emailed company and got this reply:

Thank you for your email regarding the availability of the Aptamil HA Gold
    +.

Due to an increase in the demand for the Aptamil HA Gold+, we are experiencing low stock levels of the product at present. This will unfortunately be ongoing until the end of October, when you should be able to find the product in good supply in Woolworths and selected pharmacies.

There may be alternative formulas available to meet the needs of your baby.
    Please note that the Aptamil HA Gold+ is suited to babies younger than 6 months who are at risk of developing allergies due to a family history of allergies, hay fever or asthma. There is no advantage in having a partially hydrolysed formula such as the Aptamil HA Gold+ once solid foods have been introduced which is why no follow-on formula is available in the HA product range. It is also not suitable for babies with existing allergies but only for babies AT RISK of allergy. For babies with a cows’ milk protein allergy under 6 months, Aptamil Pepti Junior Gold (prescription) or AllerPro 1 (available from November 2012) is the recommended milk feed and for those over 6 months, Karicare Soy or AllerPro 2 is the recommended formula.

The Aptamil HA should be back in stock as from this weeks at pharmacies and Woolworths.

If you have any questions in this regard, please call the Careline on the toll-free number listed below.

Warm regards,

Christa RIEKERT
    Aptaclub Careline Dietitian

Thanks
    Reviews

Most of the shops I went to had the HA in stock! It was just the normal gold I was after. Thanks for the info though. I'll try and call them on Monday I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the shops I went to had the normal gold in stock! I'm in NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any problems finding the normal gold (also in NSW). When I was switching from nan ha gold I looked for Karicare ha gold but could only find the normal gold (so I switched to that instead and its been fine, we don't have any worries with allergies though, we were just using the same stuff as the hospital). I get mine from Big W

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    Most of the shops I went to had the HA in stock! It was just the normal gold I was after. Thanks for the info though. I'll try and call them on Monday I think.
    Which stores did you go? My son is on HA, couldn't find it anywhere!!

Thanks
    Reviews

They had it at woolies in Heidelberg and chemist warehouse. Normal gold
    is back in stock now though they didn't have loads of it.

I had finally made the decision to quit breastfeeding and go completely to formula as we are comp feeding, but the struggle to find formula on the weekend made me panic a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you sooooo much! I did found 4 cans today at the Heidelberg woolies, this is life saving!!

Btw, I live in east burwood and most times I can see gold+ in both woolies and coles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I experienced the same problem today, but found them online (ha gold) at terry white chemists. I purchased 6 Tins and didn't pay postage. Hope you find some left.
    Last edited by Allegrasmummy; 03-01-2013 at 17:06.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

If your still looking for it, "Chemist Warehouse" have tripled their orders so Guarantee to have it in their stores.