+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Donating books to primary schools....

Does anyone know if primary schools accept book donations for their school libraries?

I have the whole set of Deltora Quest books from when I was a kid, and am hesitant to just drop them off at a charity shop because I remember buying each book from book club over a number of years (off-topic: Does Scholastic Book Club still exist?) and I'm not getting rid of them simply because "oh that's a cr@p book, I don't want it anymore."

I thought they were fantastic books (as were all of Emily Rodda's books - held onto my copy of the Rowan of Rin series only because it was packaged in an all in one book) but just can't store them for the next 15 years which would be when my future currently non-existent kids would be old enough to read them, and would much prefer that they went somewhere that would be appreciated not sitting on a dusty shelf in an op shop somewhere.....

Sorry for the long post, feeling slightly nostalgic especially after just watching Toy Story 2 and crying when the little girl drops Jessie off at the collection bin...

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scholastic Book Club still exists, my children buy from them once a term.
    As for the school library taking books, I have no idea! Why not give your local primary schools a ring and ask? Our school fund-raises a bit for new books, so I am sure they would appreciate good books. Actually now that I think about it, some of the school books the kids bring home have a sticker in the front "Donated by........" so they must take donations of books or money for book....

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe a hospital would take them for the children's ward?