+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High blood pressure 13 weeks.

I had preeclampsia with my first started at the start early in my second trimester, I went into labour naturally week 38, was supposed be be induced 2days later.

I really recommend researching what food to eat and what to avoid.
    I stopped eating out or anywhere, and cut salt out completely. This is the only thing I found to stop that awful feeling in my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I had high BP from early on & was put on labetalol in the 2nd trimester.

Fast forward to 28 weeks and I had a massive bleed, was rushed to hospital where I was admitted and monitored round the clock (BP had gotten really high and hard to control even with 3 different meds) for 2 1/2 weeks before they decided DS had to be delivered via emergency CS at 31wks + 2.

It wasn't just the BP that was an issue in my pregnancy, my placenta wasn't functioning to it's full capabilities. DS's heart rate started dropping at times and he was on the small side, so it was deemed 'better out than in' for us both.

I had an issue in the past with high BP due to a severe narrowing of one of my renal arteries, though this had long been fixed (about 8 years prior to being pregnant).

About 2 weeks post birth my BP had returned to normal.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat about having a premmie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks so much for all of this info girls.

Can i ask, did any of you on labetelol have trouble tolerating it? I'm very used to yukky meds as i've been on IVF drugs for a year, but its really knocking me around. I'm completely exhausted even after an hour or two of just walking around or doing a bit of housework. So much so i have to lie down with a thumping headache. Have bad nausea, really stuffy nose, feel faint and generally very flat and unwell. I was hopping making it would get better over time. Otherwise I'm going to be useless the next 5 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    thanks so much for all of this info girls.

Can i ask, did any of you on labetelol have trouble tolerating it? I'm very used to yukky meds as i've been on IVF drugs for a year, but its really knocking me around. I'm completely exhausted even after an hour or two of just walking around or doing a bit of housework. So much so i have to lie down with a thumping headache. Have bad nausea, really stuffy nose, feel faint and generally very flat and unwell. I was hopping making it would get better over time. Otherwise I'm going to be useless the next 5 months!
    Not sure the Labetelol made me feel any worse, but I found pregnancy very tiring and draining in general. I got exhausted really easily. I also became very unmotivated and lazy in relation to housework!

I also worked full time and commuted a 120km round trip each day, which didn't help.

There are other BP meds you can take, but I was told some of the others can make you a bit drowsy. Perhaps consult with your Ob/GP just incase the meds are not agreeing with you?

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on labetalol from 34 weeks with my first, caesar at 38 weeks, then had high BP form 17 weeks with number 2, but that was controlled with propanalol and another caesar at 38 weeks. I had pregnancy induced migraines, which were confusing as they kept thinking it was the BP, but it was the pain from the headaches raising my BP! Labetalol didnt give me any side affects, but pregnancy itself is very tiring. Are you taking any pre-eclampsia preventatives? Aspirin, dark chocolate, heaps of antioxidants?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: High blood pressure 13 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I was on labetalol from 34 weeks with my first, caesar at 38 weeks, then had high BP form 17 weeks with number 2, but that was controlled with propanalol and another caesar at 38 weeks. I had pregnancy induced migraines, which were confusing as they kept thinking it was the BP, but it was the pain from the headaches raising my BP! Labetalol didnt give me any side affects, but pregnancy itself is very tiring. Are you taking any pre-eclampsia preventatives? Aspirin, dark chocolate, heaps of antioxidants?
    There are things we can do to try to prevent pre-eclampsia? I had a c-section@ 33 weeks as a result of PE. Would love ideas on what might help next time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing... I'm interested in this.

I'm 25+2, have had only one high BP reading so far but I'm deemed as "high risk" (developed preeclampsia with my DD and had emergency c-sect at 37 weeks after failed labour induction). BP is ok at the moment, but I get headaches nearly every day and panadol doesn't do anything for them. I'm not on any BP meds, though I'm on clexane and aspirin for other issues... Would reducing salt in my diet help the horrible headaches?!