+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington)

From what I've heard, GHDs are made in a different country to what they used to be and the quality isn't as good. The Cloud 9 is made / designed by the person / company who used to make GHDs. I've had my GHD for 9 years and it hasn't skipped a beat (touch wood) but I wouldn't buy a current model. I'd buy a cloud 9, or MUK which my hairdresser uses.

The thing that makes my thick, curly, frizzy hair very straight for days is a brush / tool like this. After straightening my hair using this (in conjunction with my straightener), I can tie it up, have a hot shower, let it out and not need to run the straightener through it again! My hairdresser explained it holds your hair straight so the straightener doesn't have to worry about smoothing your hair and fighting against curls so it does a better job.

IMG_1481751089.382405.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

preggasaurus  (15-12-2016),Redcorset  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My original ghd lasted 7 years, and then I replaced with a ghd eclipse which I've had for 4 years and am very happy with. It was a bit more expensive than the regular ghds but I do feel it does the job better and you don't need to run it over the hair multiple times. I straighten the top of my hair and curl the bottom and only go over each section of hair once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a cloud 9 and I love it! I straighten my hair every day and my hair is so healthy.
    The GHD is too hot for my fine hair, with the C9 you can change the temperature.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    From what I've heard, GHDs are made in a different country to what they used to be and the quality isn't as good. The Cloud 9 is made / designed by the person / company who used to make GHDs. I've had my GHD for 9 years and it hasn't skipped a beat (touch wood) but I wouldn't buy a current model. I'd buy a cloud 9, or MUK which my hairdresser uses.

The thing that makes my thick, curly, frizzy hair very straight for days is a brush / tool like this. After straightening my hair using this (in conjunction with my straightener), I can tie it up, have a hot shower, let it out and not need to run the straightener through it again! My hairdresser explained it holds your hair straight so the straightener doesn't have to worry about smoothing your hair and fighting against curls so it does a better job.

Attachment 87116
    I really want this brush! I use my regular brush, but this looks so much better! My sister uses a fine tooth comb, but I think she'd prefer a brush like this too!
    Thank you!