Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington) | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington)

I have a pink GHD and it works really well on my hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington)

I have one from Stefans... It does the job :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was recently shopping around for hair straighteners and my hairdresser recommended the Cloud Nine. After I did a bit of research, I learnt that while the Cloud Nine has great results and has temperature control which can limit hair damage.....Many were reporting a fault whereby the straighteners would beep continuously and not heat up.
    Whilst this is not all the reviews I read, here are a few comments by users: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/cl...ting=2#reviews

The next time I was at my hairdressers she asked me what I ended up purchasing and I said the GHD and also mentioned the fault. She hadn't heard anything herself...but as if by magic when she went to straighten my hair later the very same thing happened to her.

A lot of the reviews are from late last year perhaps they have remedied this now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bedrest For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (03-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington)

I've had my GHD for easily 10 years now and it's still going strong. It's awesome

Thanks
    Reviews

I love my GHd! But for some reason my black one works better than my white one

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews

I've had my pink GHD since 2006 and it's been fantastic, until the last 6 months, it doesn't seem to smooth my hair as nicely... But I have been pregnant during this time so I'm not sure whether it's my hair or the straightened. But I have loved it

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Turbo Ion titanic plate digital straightener. It's BRILLIANT for smoothing hair, although to be fair I have relatively straight hair with a slight wave. But my hair goes frizzy as heck because it's fine.
    I use the Turbo Ion and it's smooth and silky for days. I've also used it on a friend's hair and her hair is very curly and wiry. It did an awesome job on her hair every time too.

It's not very good for curling as the plates are wider than a GHD or DIVA. You can do big barrel curls if you want to though. But it's awesome for smoothing, straightening and the occasion wave creation if you feel bent that way.

I think it cost me about $180 from a hairhouse warehouse a few years back but I'm very happy with it, it's still going strong even though I've dropped it a billion times. The only reason I've considered getting something else is because I like to do curls every now and then and with the one I've got I just plain can't get the curls as tight as I would like.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (03-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I hate my ghd I regret ever buying it I might look into buying this other straightener you guys speak of I have thin hair & it never goes nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    I love my GHd! But for some reason my black one works better than my white one
    My friends black one works better on me than my purple one! Cut backs on quality for colour maybe? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hair straighteners... (ghd, silver bullet etc... not vidal sasson or remington)

I found the same thing with my black GHD, DH gave me a new red one for christmas because I have had the black one for years but I hate it and secretly still use my black one!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub