+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Do you budget for all bills/ expenses each pay? That way when they come in the money is already there to pay them. We couldnt make ends meet if we didnt

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    This.

I'm genuinely curious as we operate with a very extensive budget (an excel spreadsheet about 4 pages long), with about 5 separate bank accounts for the money to sit in to cover appropriate bills. Ie: a car bills account, a house bills account, a presents account, a medical expenses account and a 'new' things account (clothes, hair cuts etc).

This way when a bill arrives the money is sitting in the account to pay it and there is absolutely no difference to the money we are left with out of any given pay for spending. I couldn't cope any other way.

We are currently operating on the one income we will be when #1 arrives to adjust, I am only working casually and this money is being saved to give us a buffer when I'm not working at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PR2bMum For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Broke

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    This thread makes me a bit sad to hear so many people are struggling. Can I ask why the struggle? One wage/ previous debt/ living expenses too high??
    Dh and I have been there and the only way we got out of it was me returning to work full time. I do think the cost of living has risen ridiculously. In the last 6 years my mortgage has gone up $200 a week which hurts! Anyways, I'm just interested to hear.
    We are struggling as I gave up work 4months ago as the Childcare fees were killing us, our rates have gone up, elect have gone up, mortgage has stayed the same! I'm now looking at getting a job where I don't need Childcare, like nightfill @ a local Coles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    [QUOTE=wannaBamumma;6890245]This thread makes me a bit sad to hear so many people are struggling. Can I ask why the struggle? One wage/ previous debt/ living expenses too high??
    [QUOTE]

I had a horrid day last week when i got a phone call saying our fortnightly income was droping by $500 and than a letter saying our house insurance has gone from $1300 to $3000.

So I just need to readjust to my new budget and because I had only a 2 days notice of the income drop. I am a little short this fortnight and it will probably take 1 or 2 more fortnights to get the budget perfect again. As for the insurance I have appointment to see what i can do today. Not ever company will cover us as Our house isn't completed yet.

I will get there in the end.

Life sometimes throws us a curve ball, it is how we deal with it that really shows our strength and character.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

We are not struggling thankgod. I feel for you all who are a couple of things I do to keep out bills low is first thing in the morning I open all the blinds in the house to let natural light in & then turn all lights off of course this only works if there is daylight. I do all the washing first thing in the morning & hang it out as soon as I can if it's sunny & the turn the washing machine of at the power point. I turn everything off that we do not need to use or won't be using all the time off at the power point eg: tv, kettle, bedrooms things in bathrooms etc. The kids either get to chose to play with toys or watch tv, if they choose to play with toys the tv goes off etc and soon when our next bills come I am going to start paying $10-$20 a week of each bill so when they come we are not hit with a large amount. I have also printed out a record sheet so I can write down what date , amount & which bill we paid so we can keep track of bills. We also buy bulk in toiletries in one of our shopping days because toiletries are one of the most expensive so if you buy bulk when you can, when you can't afford them another week at least you have enough to get you thru & just need to buy food.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Quote Originally Posted by Mummytopeanut View Post
    We are not struggling thankgod. I feel for you all who are a couple of things I do to keep out bills low is first thing in the morning I open all the blinds in the house to let natural light in & then turn all lights off of course this only works if there is daylight. I do all the washing first thing in the morning & hang it out as soon as I can if it's sunny & the turn the washing machine of at the power point. I turn everything off that we do not need to use or won't be using all the time off at the power point eg: tv, kettle, bedrooms things in bathrooms etc. The kids either get to chose to play with toys or watch tv, if they choose to play with toys the tv goes off etc and soon when our next bills come I am going to start paying $10-$20 a week of each bill so when they come we are not hit with a large amount. I have also printed out a record sheet so I can write down what date , amount & which bill we paid so we can keep track of bills. We also buy bulk in toiletries in one of our shopping days because toiletries are one of the most expensive so if you buy bulk when you can, when you can't afford them another week at least you have enough to get you thru & just need to buy food.
    We also have two bank accounts one that our morgatage comes out of & one for our every day. Each week when DP gets paid his work puts some Into the morgatage account we do not touch that. That covers morgagte, rates or if anything needs doing to the house it will cover them & then the Rest of his pay goes into our everyday account. We also have accounts for the kids that we pay $20 ea week into so if the kids ever need anything serious like ops or schooling fees etc that's there to use on them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Quote Originally Posted by Mummytopeanut View Post
    We also have two bank accounts one that our morgatage comes out of & one for our every day. Each week when DP gets paid his work puts some Into the morgatage account we do not touch that.

That covers morgagte, rates or if anything needs doing to the house it will cover them & then the Rest of his pay goes into our everyday account.

We also have accounts for the kids that we pay $20 ea week into so if the kids ever need anything serious like ops or schooling fees etc that's there to use on them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

We also have two bank accounts one that our morgatage comes out of & one for our every day. Each week when DP gets paid his work puts some Into the morgatage account we do not touch that.

That covers morgagte, rates or if anything needs doing to the house it will cover them & then the Rest of his pay goes into our everyday account.

We also have accounts for the kids that we pay $20 ea week into so if the kids ever need anything serious like ops or schooling fees etc that's there to use on them.