+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know the feeling. It has been a heavy couple of months here for bills so money has been tight. I have been starting to sell baby stuff and toys that don't get used anymore on FB- Buy Sell Groups. It goes into new clothes and toys and I clear up clutter at the same time. I found it was a quick way to sell and usually painless.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling you! I thought this pay was nicely planned out, with a bit of a buffer, but my last ivf appt/scan completely emptied my account. $287.00!! About double what I expected. Thank god there's bread in the freezer!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

It's nice to know we are not the only ones struggling, one wage with mortgage & two kids is tough! Hubby has been doing 6 days a week for months but we still struggle every week ! I'm now looking into finding a job!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Hmmm seems like there are so many people in the same boat - and it's only getting worse

On the up side, I was able to do the grocery shop with 5 dinners worth of ingredients included for $80! That is a record for me I think

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

This thread makes me a bit sad to hear so many people are struggling. Can I ask why the struggle? One wage/ previous debt/ living expenses too high??
    Dh and I have been there and the only way we got out of it was me returning to work full time. I do think the cost of living has risen ridiculously. In the last 6 years my mortgage has gone up $200 a week which hurts! Anyways, I'm just interested to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Broke

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    This thread makes me a bit sad to hear so many people are struggling. Can I ask why the struggle? One wage/ previous debt/ living expenses too high??
    Dh and I have been there and the only way we got out of it was me returning to work full time. I do think the cost of living has risen ridiculously. In the last 6 years my mortgage has gone up $200 a week which hurts! Anyways, I'm just interested to hear.
    We make the effort cos we believe that our children should be home with their caregiver in their formative years.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (04-11-2012),Trio  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

I really struggled when I was with my ex. He was lazy so took less and less shifts at work, and was a gambler and drug addict I discovered. Plus he drank and smoked a lot. I had to make $30 stretch to make a weeks worth of dinners, it's hard but can be done!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Wow sarelou that's incredible! I hope you find yourself in good stead now

We are on one wage now by choice though, I have all of our expenses planned out its just that this week I paid too many bills in error so it left us very very short. It's the most horrible feeling.

And there's just been an announcement that our power will increase by not a little bit. Blergh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing worse than that pit of the stomach 'no money in the bank' feeling.

We are single income but DH works a job and has recently started a business too so in the grand scheme we are not doing too bad. Last month however I was informed one day that it was our last weekly pay (for DH's wage) and that we were now montly and our biggest (almost only) business client is 4 months overdue with payment! So just gotta hope to got that someone pays us before christmas lol...

Electricity was a major gut-kick in this situation though. Despite my cutting down on our power usage by a quarter our bill (2 monthly) was $200 more than last time!!

It's such a crock - I'm betting I am not the only one who is sick of the constants 1 step forward 2 steps back that is thrown at everyone at the moment.
    Hang in there though. I beleive that karma is due for all of us sometime soon and that venting is the best way to stay sane and not let life bring you down. :

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atkogirl85 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Broke

Yep.. In the minus here, nothing but a few cents in the wallet.. Bills & rego due, ds's birthday in a few weeks, Xmas after that, and then dd starting school.. Glad I took care of her uniforms earlier in the year when I was able to at least. Am owed a couple thousand in child support after they finally caught up with ex but I don't think I'm getting it any time soon. I'm getting paid to house and pet sit for family for the next month though while they go away so at least that will help cover Xmas and birthday. And I think I can get an advance payment soon. At least there is plenty of food in the house!