+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know the feeling, its awful isn't it! But I always look at it this way, at least if all of the bills are paid then at least you don't have to worry about more coming in for a bit heh.
    I'm trying to save money right now and making NO headway at all. I think I have $11 in my savings account? Heh.

I've started looking at websites like discount grocery sites. They don't necessarily have everything you want but you can get some things in bulk like toothpaste and other bathroom products that are normally quite expensive. Then you don't have to buy them again for ages.
    We've also started going to the local farmers market on the weekends. It's a bit of a pain because we have to take cash but they're quite a bit cheaper for some fruit and veg.
    And we've done a bit of a search around and found a cheap-ish every day butcher and green grocers.

I know it doesn't help when the money isn't in your hand but it might next pay day (if you're not already doing those things).
    Long story short... I feel your pain!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Broke

Quote Originally Posted by noskie View Post
    Yep im on monthy pay and the last few have been horrible. This month ive had to push my car payment and mortgage payment to next pay, which wont help next pay

Plus we had performance reviews done 2 months ago wjich i was told i would get a very decent payrise, and they still javent even been approved by the md!! Its really disheartening
    fx that it's backdated when it finally comes through, that would be a little windfall! That's what usually happened when I was working.
    We're on one salary here, we break even just about, we try to cut corners, shop around etc but all our efforts get swallowed up by price rises esp food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i hate when i cant even buy a fresh loaf of bread from the bakery which costs all of $3-4 because i dont have enough money in my account to withdraw from an atm. It reminds me of being a teenager again

Thanks
    Reviews
    i completely understand you!! its the same at my house except i dont meal plan, so when im broke i rely on whatever is left over in the freezer or go over for dinner with my mom (she doesnt mind which is nice!) I really should meal plan but i change my mind too much and i never know if hubby is going to be home or not (he is in the hospitality industry, so schedule is given only the day before the week starts)!!
    On the plus side i have a cake decorating business so if i have cakes to do i get some cash to pay for food and other things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Broke

I am in the wallet full of moths section too.
    Drew up a list of things I had to do leading up to Xmas. Without fail our mailman delivers all our bills in one hit.
    Our bank accounts will be stinging for the next fortnight. Really sucks. I hate this time if year. So draining.

Thanks
    Reviews

So a thought just came to mind that incorporates the bubble hub market type thing and local groups, and we‘re all struggling for money.

What if a group of hubbers got together that have different skills?
    For example: I make turkish bread from scratch. I'm willing and happy to trade six of the pide rolls for half a dozen eggs.
    There are ladies on here that bake cakes, have veggie patches, can knit sweaters, etc.

I dunno how well it would work though, but with a group the sizd of bubble hub, and so many people struggling, it might be worth while to figure out how we can keep the costs of living down and reintroduce the barter system all over Australia.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (03-11-2012),LoveLivesHere  (02-11-2012),squirrelex  (04-11-2012),Trio  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

U poor thing. I'm in the broke category too & due to a monthly pay there's only 2 pays till Xmas I'm freaking out a bit as I stupidly said I'd have Xmas here & I don't think I can afford it, next pay is pretty much gone with utilities & rates coming at once & I haven't paid off all of the presents either.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm broke too ,
    Have $12 to my name.

Next pay no better, it's all going in bills

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Add me to the list $22 in the bank till Thursday.... :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broke

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    fx that it's backdated when it finally comes through, that would be a little windfall! That's what usually happened when I was working.
    We're on one salary here, we break even just about, we try to cut corners, shop around etc but all our efforts get swallowed up by price rises esp food.
    Thats the ****e thing, it says its backdated to the date hr gets it, and it doesnt go there till its bloody signed off!!

We are one wage house too, mine. Dh is a sahd, has been for about 7 years so far