+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs up Sloth woman

Well I've got lots of people arriving tomorrow - my parents, my brother and sil, my grandmother - and bubs is coming out on Monday. The house is a mess and I really cbf getting off the couch! Where is this nesting urge I've heard so much about? All I want to do is sleep or play angry birds. Poor DH is working crazy hours to have next week off and it now looks like he'll also be doing the majority of the cleaning/tidying too.

anyone else turned into sloth woman too? I've actually opened the broom closet several times, looked at the vacuum cleaner and then closed the closet and walked back to couch! I swear I'm not normally this slobby. All the people arriving tomorrow are total clean freaks too so no pressure there - not. And they are not the type to jump in and help - more the critical type if things are not to their standards. I'm pleased my family is excited about this baby arriving and that they want to be part of everything but I wish they weren't so fussy on the housework! Or in this case - lack of it!

just having a vent - maybe I'll go look in the broom closet again.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sloth woman

Haha that was me right before I was due! I finished work at 36 weeks and thought I would become a domestic goddess but I was just so darn tired!! I never got the nesting urge I don't think! Just do enough to keep the guests thinking it is clean. If it means shoving the clothes baskets in a cupboard and closing the door so be it lol. I think it's a lot to expect from a heavily pregnant woman.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could do that but they're all staying here - bro, sil and nan for a week, my parents for 3-4 weeks - let the fun begin

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Sloth woman

Me too! I'm due on Tuesday and I CBF doing anything at all! Unless you count watching tv and lying on the couch with the cats

I think hubby was expecting a bit more "nesting" behaviour... Oh well!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saved by a blackout - just after I typed my last message we lost power until now in my street. So will have to try again tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the opposite I'm driving DH crazy with my nesting. Still managing to get a nap in each day though

Thanks
    Reviews
    bahaha I nearly spat my coffee out laughing reading your posts! I feel exactly the same way. I finished work last Friday and am now 36 + 5 and cbf doing anything...if I manage to do the dishes im proud of myself. I am starting to wonder if this 'nesting' thing actually exists! The best thing is I am doing the whole 'look at the vac and walk away' too pmsl. Oh well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I was the opposite. I went from a high stress, busy job, to maternity leave and found I couldn't sit for more than an hour without having to find something to do. I don't know if it's nesting or boredom or what, but the house is clean, nursery set up, paperwork filed, meals cooked and frozen etc. Of course, now, at 39 weeks, my blood pressure is rising and i'm on bed rest

I think the moral of the story is - be a 'sloth woman', do as little as possible and rest up!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well my little is just over 3 days old and I'm just cuddling him back to sleep I never did much cleaning at home but my patents are staying at my place while DH stays in hospital with me - looks like mum's nesting instinct has gone wild! And she's not even been judgey about my lack of nesting (or any other domestic skills)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

LOL! Congratulations on bubs!!!

I think my DH is feeling really ripped off with the whole pregnancy thing... I did not turn into a domestic goddess nor a sex goddess!!! I turned into a it's hot, I'm tired, don't touch me goddess lol! He's amazing, he works long hours and still helps out around the house - I on the other hand too look at my vacuum cleaner and walk back to the lounge sometimes detouring for another zooper dooper from the freezer on the way!

I feel guilty most of the time though :'( I psyched myself up for being the perfect housewife and I'm far from it!!!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to miraclemakers For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (09-11-2012)